SAFe for Government Course Overview
During this two day (14 hours) SAFe® for Government with SGP Certification course, attendees will learn on the principles and practices of the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®), how to execute and release value through Agile Release Trains, and what it means to lead a Lean-Agile transformation of a program inside a government agency.
Our SAFe SSM courses help attendees gain an understanding of the Lean-Agile mindset and why it’s an essential foundation for transformation. They’ll also get practical advice on building high-performing, multi-vendor Agile teams and programs, managing technology investments in Lean flow, acquiring solutions with Agile contracting, launching the program, and planning and delivering value using SAFe.
Furthermore, attendees on the SAFe SGP course will also learn how specific leadership behaviors can drive successful organizational change in government.
Join Edinburgh Agile, one of the world’s leading Agility consultancies on our Implementing SAFe course with SGP Certification online and in classrooms across the world!
Book SAFe for Government Courses
SAFe for Government Course with SGP Certification Overview
The SAFe SGP course leaves trainees more knowledgeable and confident in key areas of Scaled Agile Framework Lean-Agile delivery. To perform the role of a SAFe® for Government leader, attendees should be able to:
- Transition government programs from traditional software and systems development models to Lean-Agile and DevOps mindset, principles, and practices using SAFe;
- Adapt technology strategy, budgeting and forecasting, acquisition, compliance, and governance processes to flow-based practices using emerging government guidelines;
- Organize government programs into one or more Agile Release Trains (ARTs) and execute in Program Increments (PIs);
- Explore Large Solution coordination in a government and multi-vendor environment;
- Identify and internalize the mindset and leader behaviors essential to successful Lean-Agile transformation;
- Follow success patterns for SAFe implementations adapted to the government context;
- Build a preliminary outline of the next steps to begin and/or accelerate the SAFe implementation in your program or agency.
- Transition government programs from traditional software and systems development models to Lean-Agile and DevOps mindset, principles, and practices using SAFe
- Adapt technology strategy, budgeting and forecasting, acquisition, compliance, and governance processes to flow-based practices using emerging government guidelines
- Organize government programs into one or more Agile Release Trains (ARTs) and execute in Program Increments (PIs)
- Explore Large Solution coordination in a government and multi-vendor environment
- Identify and internalize the mindset and leader behaviors essential to successful Lean-Agile transformation
- Follow success patterns for SAFe implementations adapted to the government context
- Begin and/or accelerate the SAFe implementation in your program or agency
Trainees on the SAFe SGP course are developed to understand how to perform the role of a high-performing Scrum Master (SSM) who is a change agent that leads all levels of an organisation through a Lean-Agile transformation at scale. This includes the coverage of the following course topics:
- Advancing Lean-Agile in government;
- Embracing a Lean-Agile mindset;
- Understanding SAFe principles;
- Creating high-performing Agile teams and programs;
- Planning with cadence and synchronization;
- Supporting program execution;
- Mapping the path to agency and program agility;
- Leading successful change.
SAFe for Government (SGP) Certification
All participants completing the SAFe SGP course will receive access to attempt the SAFe for Government certification assessment. SAFe SGP course participants who attempt the SGP assessment within 30 days of receiving their access will do so at no extra cost.
Attendees who attend the SAFe for Government course and go on to pass the SGP certification assessment will receive:
- SAFe SGP course certificate of attendance/completion;
- Certified SAFe for Government certificate.
SAFe for Government Course with SGP Certification Audience
The SAFe SGP course is especially suitable for people who want to be a SAFe change agent that uses principles and practices of the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®) to execute and release value through Agile Release Trains (ARTs) in order to lead a Lean-Agile transformation of a program inside a government agency. The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Business Analysts, Practice Leads;
- Consultants, Agile Coaches.
Book SAFe for Government Courses
SAFe SGP Course FAQs
SAFe SGP (Certified SAFe Government Practitioner course) is a 2-day foundational level Scaled Agile Framework training course that trains attendees on being the change agent who wants to perform the role of a SAFe for Government leader by transitioning government programs from traditional software and systems development models to Lean-Agile and DevOps mindset, principles, and practices using SAFe.
In order to obtain SAFe SGP certification, you need to pass the Scaled Agile Framework SGP assessment. The SAFe SGP assessment is available to take an online exam for anyone who attends the SAFe SGP training course. The initial SAFe SGP exam attempt is included as part of the SAFe SGP course registration fee if the SGP exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each SGP exam retake attempt costs $50.
The SAFe for Government certification exam is certainly challenging and requires a good awareness of the foundations of Scaled Agile Framework. This awareness is acquired through attendance at the SAFe SGP training course.
Edinburgh Agile’s SAFe SGP courses range from £695 to £1195 depending on the format, trainer, location, and other variables. For more information about our SAFe SGP courses click here.
Yes, the Scaled Agile Framework SAFe for Government certification (SAFe SSM certification) requires renewal after one year.
The SAFe training curriculum has many certifications, and each course is tailored to the learner’s Professional needs and learning goals. The certification courses are:
– A Scrum Master after completing the SAFe Scrum Master (SSM) can take SAFe Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) course;
– The Agile team members can take the SAFe for Teams (SP) course;
– The Release Train Engineers can take the SAFe Release Train Engineer (RTE) course;
– The Product Owner / Product Manager can take the SAFe Product Owner / Product Manager (POPM) course;
– The DevOps Practitioners can take the SAFe DevOps (SDP) course;
and so on.
SAFe for Government Exam Details
The online SAFe SGP exam is of multiple-choice format. The candidate has to answer 45 questions within a duration of 90 minutes (1.5 hours). The exam has to be completed in one go, and the passing score is 71%. The initial course registration fee includes the first SAFe SGP exam attempt fees if the exam is taken within 30 days of SAFe SGP course completion. Each retake attempt will cost $50. The second attempt on the exam (first retake) can be done immediately after the first attempt. The third attempt requires a 10-day wait. The fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.
The SAFe SGP exam is designed to evaluate the knowledge and skill related to the job role. There are a variety of resources available to prepare for the exam after and before you have been on the SAFe SGP course. The course materials can be downloaded from the SAFe community platform, and you get access to a comprehensive study guide that details all the Scaled Agile Framework job roles and all resources related to the exam. Access to it is available through the Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform upon course completion.
After the SAFe SGP course, trainees can take the practice SAFe for Government test before appearing for the actual exam. This is again part of the Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform. The practice test can be taken an unlimited number of times at no cost. However, this doesn’t guarantee success on the final exam and can be used to assess the knowledge and gain confidence before appearing in the actual exam.
The certification includes:
- Certified SAFe® Government Practitioner PDF certificate;
- Certified SAFe® Government Practitioner digital badge to promote your accomplishment online;
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform, which includes access to the SA Community of Practice;
- Access to Meetup groups and events that connect you with other SAFe certified professionals;
- A variety of learning resources to support you during your SAFe journey.
SAFe for Government Course Prerequisites
- Familiarity with Agile concepts and principles;
- A foundational understanding of the Agile Manifesto, SAFe House of Lean, and SAFe Principles is required using pre-work suggestions;
- A foundational understanding of the full life cycle of government technology programs is helpful;
- Registered attendees will receive a list of readings and videos specific to Agile in government that will be beneficial to review before the course;
- Edinburgh Agile recommends the Leading SAFe course as a perfect introduction to SAFe and exploring other SAFe courses.
More Scaled Agile Framework Courses / SAFe Courses
SAFe Release Train Engineer with RTE Certification
During the SAFe RTE course you will gain in-depth understanding of the RTE role and responsibilities in a SAFe enterprise. Through experiential learning, you will examine the SAFe RTE role and learn how to facilitate ART processes and execution, coach leaders, teams, and SAFe Scrum Masters in new processes and mindsets. Explore how to prepare, plan, and execute a SAFe Program Increment (PI) planning event, the primary enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organization. Learn more about our SAFe Release Train Engineer courses.
SAFe Scrum Master with SSM Certification
The SAFe SSM training course is for Scrum Masters learning about their role in a SAFe enterprise context. In the SAFe Scrum Master course you will learn to facilitate Team and Program Level events for successful program execution, explore Scrum in the context of. Learn more about our SAFe SSM courses.
The Sketchy Guide to Scrum
Edinburgh Agile are very proud to support The Sketchy Guide to Scrum … a treat for any Agilist interested in learning more about Scrum.
Read the guide for free at: The Sketchy Guide to Scrum
Why Train with Edinburgh Agile?
Edinburgh Agile trainers have years of real-life working and teaching experience. Learn from practitioners, not just from theorists.
We offer the most competitive Agile training prices in the UK, Europe, USA and across the globe.
Trusted & Approved
All our trainers are approved/certified by the organisations and bodies they are training for.
Get in Touch
Copyright Edinburgh Agile – All rights reserved.