SAFe for Teams Course Overview
During this two day (14 hours) SAFe® for Teams with SP Certification course, attendees will gain the knowledge required to become a high-performing team member of an Agile Release Train (ART)—and learn how to collaborate effectively with other teams of the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®).
Our SAFe for Teams course details the Scaled Agile Framework’s underlying principles; gain an in-depth understanding of the ART, how it delivers value, and what you can do to perform your role using Scrum, Kanban, and XP effectively. The trainees will also learn how to write stories and break down features, plan and execute Iterations, and plan Program Increments.
Furthermore, attendees on the SAFe for Teams course will learn about the continuous delivery pipeline and DevOps culture. This includes how to integrate with other teams in the program and continuously improve the train.
Join Edinburgh Agile, one of the world’s leading Agility consultancies on our SAFe for Teams course with SP Certification online and in classrooms across the world!
Book SAFe for Teams Courses
SAFe for Teams Course with SP Certification Overview
The SAFe for Teams course leaves trainees more knowledgeable and confident in five key areas of Scaled Agile Framework Lean-Agile delivery:
- Apply SAFe to scale Lean and Agile development in their enterprise;
- Know their team and its role on the Agile Release Trains (ARTs);
- Know all other teams on the train, their roles, and the dependencies between the teams;
- Plan iterations;
- Execute iterations and demonstrate value;
- Plan Program Increments;
- Integrate and work with other teams on the Agile Release Train.
Key areas of competency:
- Explain SAFe Agile Principles;
- Improve Agile Release Train processes;
- Perform as a member of an Agile Team on an Agile Release Train.
Trainees on the SAFe for Teams course are developed to understand how to perform the role of a high-performing team member of an Agile Release Train (ART) – and learn how to collaborate effectively with other teams. This includes the coverage of the following course topics:
- Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe);
- Building an Agile Team;
- Planning the Iteration;
- Executing the Iteration;
- Executing the Program Increment.
SAFe for Teams (SP) Certification
All participants completing the SAFe for Teams course will receive access to attempt the SAFe Practitioner certification assessment. SAFe for Teams course participants who attempt the SP assessment within 30 days of receiving their access will do so at no extra cost.
Attendees who attend the SAFe for Teams course and go on to pass the SP certification assessment will receive:
- SAFe for Teams course certificate of attendance/completion;
- Certified SAFe Practitioner certificate.
SAFe for Teams Course with SP Certification Audience
The SAFe for Teams course is especially suitable for people who want to become aware of Lean-Agile enterprise development, and/or who are, or want to work effectively in a Scaled Agile Framework based organisation. The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Business Analyst, Program and Project Manager;
- Release Train Engineers;
- Product and Product Line Management;
- Portfolio Managers, PMO, and Process Leads;
- Enterprise, System, and Solution Architects.
Book SAFe for Teams Courses
SAFe for Teams Course FAQs
SAFe for Teams (Certified SAFe Practitioner course) is a 2-day intermediate level Scaled Agile Framework training course that trains attendees on being the Lean-Agile team members who are part of an Agile Release Train (ART) responsible for using Scrum, Kanban, and XP in a SAFe organisation. The attendees will also gain experience on how to become Agile Teams, build their backlog, and plan and execute iterations.
In order to obtain SAFe SP certification, you need to pass the Scaled Agile Framework SP assessment. The SAFe for Teams (SP) assessment is available to take an online exam for anyone who attends the SAFe for Teams training course. The initial SAFe SP exam attempt is included as part of the SAFe for Teams course registration fee if the SP exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each SP exam retake attempt costs $50.
The SAFe Practitioner certification exam is certainly challenging and requires a good awareness of the foundations of Scaled Agile Framework. This awareness is acquired through attendance on the SAFe for Teams training course.
Edinburgh Agile’s SAFe for Teams courses range from £695 to £1195 depending on the format, trainer, location and other variables. For more information about our SAFe for Teams courses click here.
Yes, the Scaled Agile Framework SAFe Practitioner certification (SAFe SP certification) requires a renewal after one year.
The SAFe training curriculum has many certifications, and each course is tailored to the learner’s Professional needs and learning goals. After completing Leading SAFe course and certification:
– A Scrum Master can take SAFe Scrum Master (SSM) and then SAFe Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) course;
– Agile consultants and change-agents can take the Implementing SAFe (SPC) course;
– The Release Train Engineers can take the SAFe Release Train Engineer (RTE) course;
– The Product Owner / Product Manager can take the SAFe Product Owner / Product Manager (POPM) course;
– The DevOps Practitioners can take the SAFe DevOps (SDP) course;
and so on.
SAFe for Teams Exam Details
The online SAFe for Teams exam is of multiple-choice format. The candidate has to answer 45 questions within a duration of 90 minutes (1.5 hours). The exam has to be completed in one go, and the passing score is 77%. The initial course registration fee includes the first SAFe for Teams exam attempt fees if the exam is taken within 30 days of SAFe for Teams course completion. Each retake attempt will cost $50. The second attempt on the exam (first retake) can be done immediately after the first attempt. The third attempt requires a 10-day wait. The fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.
The SAFe Practitioner exam is designed to evaluate the knowledge and skill related to the job role. There are a variety of resources available to prepare for the exam after and before you have been on the SAFe for Teams course. The course materials can be downloaded from the SAFe community platform, and you get access to a comprehensive study guide that details all the Scaled Agile Framework job roles and all resources related to the exam. Access to it is available through the Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform upon course completion.
After the SAFe for Teams course, trainees can take the practice SAFe Practitioner test before appearing for the actual exam. This is again part of the Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform. The practice test can be taken an unlimited number of times at no cost. However, this doesn’t guarantee success on the final exam and can be used to assess the knowledge and gain confidence before appearing in the actual exam.
The certification includes:
- Certified SAFe® Practitioner PDF certificate;
- Certified SAFe® Practitioner digital badge to promote your accomplishment online;
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform, which includes access to the SA Community of Practice;
- Access to Meetup groups and events that connect you with other SAFe certified professionals;
- A variety of learning resources to support you during your SAFe journey.
Leading SAFe Course Prerequisites
- Familiarity with Agile concepts and principles;
- Awareness of Scrum, Kanban, and XP;
- Working knowledge of software and hardware development processes;
- Edinburgh Agile recommends the Leading SAFe course as a perfect introduction to SAFe and exploring other SAFe courses.
More Scaled Agile Framework Courses / SAFe Courses
During the SAFe RTE course you will gain in-depth understanding of the RTE role and responsibilities in a SAFe enterprise. Through experiential learning, you will examine the SAFe RTE role and learn how to facilitate ART processes and execution, coach leaders, teams, and SAFe Scrum Masters in new processes and mindsets. Explore how to prepare, plan, and execute a SAFe Program Increment (PI) planning event, the primary enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organization. Learn more about our SAFe Release Train Engineer courses.
The SAFe SSM training course is for Scrum Masters learning about their role in a SAFe enterprise context. In the SAFe Scrum Master course you will learn to facilitate Team and Program Level events for successful program execution, explore Scrum in the context of. Learn more about our SAFe SSM courses.
The Sketchy Guide to Scrum
Edinburgh Agile are very proud to support The Sketchy Guide to Scrum … a treat for any Agilist interested in learning more about Scrum.
Read the guide for free at: The Sketchy Guide to Scrum
Why Train with Edinburgh Agile?
Edinburgh Agile trainers have years of real-life working and teaching experience. Learn from practitioners, not just from theorists.
We offer the most competitive Agile training prices in the UK, Europe, USA and across the globe.
Trusted & Approved
All our trainers are approved/certified by the organisations and bodies they are training for.
Get in Touch
Copyright Edinburgh Agile – All rights reserved.