Join a leading Certified Scrum Trainer to experience an immersive introduction to Scrum, for people wishing to work in a Scrum environment and/or fulfil the role of the Scrum Master! Our Certified ScrumMaster® course (CSM® course) will help you get a solid grounding in Scrum, the leading Agile framework. During the CSM course, through a varied mix of both theory and practical exercises, you will explore Scrum theory, values, roles, events and artefacts and develop a solid understanding of Scrum and how to use it
The Certified ScrumMaster course is a popular choice world-wide for those wishing to start a more Agile journey towards a high-quality and frequent delivery structure. As a Certified ScrumMaster (CSM), you will be able to help your Scrum Team perform at their highest level; protecting the team from both internal and external distractions, and helping them “do Scrum”. Indeed, through the CSM certification process (CSM course and CSM exam), you will learn the Scrum framework and develop a solid understanding of team roles, events, and artefacts.
Being online, the Certified ScrumMaster is suitable for trainees across the UK and even Europe… the course is on Monday 9th November and Tuesday 10th November 2020. Each day starts at 9:00 am GMT(10:00 am CET) and finishes at 5:00pm GMT (6:00 pm CET).
What you will receive:
- Two days of high-quality interactive training from a leading Certified Scrum Trainer;
- Official course materials;
- Registration for the Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) online assessment;
- Certified ScrumMaster certificate (upon completion of the course and passing the official Certified ScrumMaster online assessment);
- Two years membership of the Scrum Alliance worth $100 – you will get access exclusive Scrum Alliance member features and content;
- 16 Scrum Education Units® (SEUs) and 14 PMI PDUs credits can be claimed for this Certified ScrumMaster course.
Who should attend the Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) course?
This CSM course is suitable for everyone who is about to start using Scrum or has already gathered some experience and wants to deepen their understanding of Scrum. Therefore developers, testers, analysts, designers, project managers, product managers etc. will all benefit from the Certified ScrumMaster course… just about anyone involved in product delivery can obtain value.
The Scrum Master role is the focus of the CSM course however, however this suitable for Scrum team members or managers in a Scrum based organsiation who would like an introduction to Scrum.
This Scrum Alliance accredited Certified ScrumMaster course (CSM course) takes place online over two days:
- Monday 9th November – 9:00 am to 17:00 pm UK GMT / 10:00 am to 18:00 pm CET
- Tuesday 10th November – 9:00 am to 16:30 pm UK GMT / 10:00 am to 18:00 pm CET
Attendance on both parts of the course (as listed above) is required.
The course includes regular breaks for comfort and effective learning.
Remote/Online Course Logistics
All the remote/online CSM courses are simple to attend. We use Zoom.
You just need access laptop/PC with a stable internet connection, audio/video and microphone capabilities.
Upon sign-up of the course, you will be sent a calendar invitation with Zoom video/audio conference details.
It is recommended you download the Zoom app onto your PC for best learning experience.
Your Certified ScrumMaster Course Trainer
Paul Goddard is an expert Agile coach and trainer with two decades of Agile experience! Indeed he has been working with Agile development teams since 2000 and was part of the coaching team which took on one of the largest Agile transformations to date in a major UK telecoms company in 2003. Since then Paul has been training and coaching other organisations, teams and individuals across the UK and Europe.
Paul has been an active Certified Scrum Trainer since 2006, and also became only the fourth UK-based Certified Scrum Coach in 2011.
Certified ScrumMaster Course Coverage
The Certified ScrumMaster course covers
You can expect the following topics to be covered during the Certified Scrum Master course:
- General Scrum Awareness
- Agile Manifesto
- Empirical vs Defined Process
- Scrum Process and Sprints
- Definition of Done
- The Scrum Values
- Applicability of Scrum
- Scrum Roles
- The Scrum Master
- The Product Owner
- The Team (and working as a team)
- Impact of Scrum on Traditional Project Roles
- Scrum Events
- Sprint Planning
- Daily Scrum
- Sprint Review
- Sprint Retrospective
- Release Planning
- Scrum Artifacts
- Product Backlog
- Product Increment
- Sprint Backlog
- Burndown Charts
Certified ScrumMaster Assessment and Certification Details
Attendees who attend the Certified ScrumMaster course, and go on to pass the CSM certification assessment will receive:
Certified ScrumMaster certificate (CSM);
Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) Exam Details
Format: Multiple Choice
Time Limit: 60 Minutes
Number of Questions: 50
Passing Score: 74% (37 correct answers)
The first and second CSM assessment attempts are FREE as they are INCLUDED in the cost of the Certified ScrumMaster course (CSM course). If you take the first CSM assessment within 90 days of the end of the CSM class, and do not achieve the 74% certification score, you will get 1 free re-attempt.
In the unlikely event that you were to fail the CSM exam a second time you will be required to pay a $25 exam fee to the Scrum Alliance before resitting the CSM exam again. The Scrum Alliance recommends that anyone who fails three times, re-take the CSM course before attempting the exam a fourth time (retaking the course is not included in the cost of this course).
Certified ScrumMaster Course Prerequisites
There are no prerequisites for the online Certified Scrum Master course and anyone can attend.
A basic grasp of Agile and Scrum may help, but is NOT essential for this course. Attendees make the most of this Scrum Master course if they:
- Have studied the Scrum Guide (required). You can find a link to the Scrum Guide here: The Scrum Guide;
- Have studied the Agile Manifesto (required). You can find a link to the Agile Manifesto here: The Agile Manifesto;
- Have studied the Principles behind the Agile Manifesto. You can find a link to the Principles befind the Agile Manifesto here: The Principles behind the Agile Manifesto;
- Have studied The Sketchy Guide to Scrum. You can find a link to The Sketchy Guide to Scrum here: The Sketchy Guide to Scrum;
- Have a solid understanding of Scrum either through working on a Scrum Team;
- Have been on, or are closely involved in software or product development endeavors using Scrum.
For remote/online courses, your refund will be processed in the following scenario:
- Cancellation/Postponement By You – You may decide to cancel or postpone your course up to 72 hours before the first day of the remote/online course… no questions asked! You can either opt for alternative course date or ask for a full (100%) refund. The other course date is subject to our schedule and availability is not guaranteed. If we are unable to offer you your desired date, your money will be refunded.
- Cancellation/postponement By Edinburgh Agile – In the very unlikely event that we have to cancel your course, you will entitled to either an alternative course date or a full (100%). In such a scenario, all participants will be informed well in advance via email.
- Last Minute Cancellation or No-shows by You – No refund is offered if you do not contact us 72 hours (or more) in advance, or do not show up on the day, of the workshop. Informing one day before the class is also considered no-show and no refund is offered in such cases.
- Content/Trainer quality – For any of our remote/online training courses, you are offered the first 25% of the duration of the course to review and decide. If you feel that the trainer or training is unable to match up to your expectations regarding quality and delivery, directly notify the trainer by private message and then exit the session. You will be entitled to 100% of your money refuned.
Q. How soon will my refund be processed?
A. Your refund will be processed within 24 hours of your request, from the Edinburgh Agile side. Your bank may take 3-5 days.
Q. Do you contact me when I request a refund?
A. We may contact you to understand your feedback but never to persuade you against the refund.
Q. Can I buy future courses if I asked for a refund now?
A. Of course. There is no reason for not having you in our future courses! You are very welcome to join in any of our future courses!
Q. Will I keep getting the free content and support if I asked for a refund?
A. We won’t segregate or block you if you have asked for a refund. You will still be able to explore our free content, remain a member of our LinkedIn groups, and attend our webinars, offline free/paid events or workshops.