During this interesting and engaging virtual Kanban System Design course you will discover the core of Kanban practices to design and evolve a Kanban system. You will learn the fundamentals of the Kanban Method, and experience Kanban with a high quality Kanban simulation game alongside instructor-led Kanban Method discussions and presentations, as well as participating in hands-on exercises to design a Kanban board.
Our remote trainers are industry leading experts in Kanban, and have extensive hands-on experience of practicing the Kanban Method.
In this KMP1 course, created by leading Kanban experts including David J. Anderson, you will be shown how Kanban fits within the Agile context and how it complements your existing Agile or non-Agile ways of working, and you will leave with practical insights on how to implement or improve Kanban within your organization.
Being online, the Kanban System Design course is suitable for trainees across the globe… taking place on the 12th and 13th October 2020… each day of the online course starts at 9:00 am UK BST (10:00 am CEST) and finishes at 5:00pm UK BST (6:00 pm CEST). This makes this online KMP1 course perfect for people in the UK and across Europe in particular.
What you will receive:
- Two days of high-quality interactive training from a leading Kanban Systems Design trainer;
- Official KMP1 course materials;
- Kanban Systems Design (KMP1) certificate of attendence;
- Membership to Kanban University;
- 16 Scrum Education Units® (SEUs) and Project Management Professionals® (PMP) can claim 16 hours technical PMI PDUs
- Free eBook “Kanban: Successful Evolutionary Change for your Technology Business” by David Anderson (creator of the Kanban Method);
- US$10 off of the eBook “Kanban From The Inside” by Mike Burrows.
Who should attend the Kanban System Design (KMP1) course?
Managers and team members who want to start a Kanban initiative or get more out of their current Kanban system. Kanban works across many functions of an organisation. If you want to improve you working practices, then you should attend a Kanban System Design course. This could mean you are about start a Kanban initiative, or looking to get more from your current Kanban system. Previous KMP1 attendees have been in roles such as:
- Senior Managers;
- Programme and Project Managers;
- Product Managers, Product Owners and Business Analysts;
- Scrum Masters, Team Leads and Change Agents;
- Product & Software Developers & Testers;
- Agile Coaches & Practitioners (Scrum, XP, DSDM, AgilePM, etc.);
- Other roles such as HR and Finance professionals.
This Kanban Systems Design (KMP1) course takes place online over two days using state-of-the-art technology:
- Monday 12th October – 9:00 am to 5:00 pm UK BST / 10:00 am to 6:00 pm CEST
- Tuesday 13th October – 9:00 am to 5:00 pm UK BST / 10:00 am to 6:00 pm CEST
Being online and interactive, this KMP1 course is specifically designed to cater for trainees across the globe, and particularly across the UK and Europe. Indeed, the timing of this course supports trainees attending from, for example; from Edinburgh, London, Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin, and Budapest to name just a few locations.
Attendance on both days of the online KMP1 course (as listed above) is required.
The Kanban Systems Design course includes regular breaks for comfort and effective learning.
Remote/Online Course Logistics
This KMP1 remote/online course utilises state-of-the-art technology in order to support communication and learning. The course uses a combination of the Zoom video and audio conferencing platform and the Mural and Google Jamboard collaboration platforms.
Upon sign-up of the course, you will be sent a calendar invitation with Zoom video/audio conference details as well as information about using Mural and Google Jamboard.
Your Remote Kanban Systems Design Trainer(s)
About your Kanban Management Professional (KMP) course trainers…
Glaudia started her technology career in 2005 as a development team member in a Scrum team. Since then she has worked with software and non-software development teams in various capacities, from facilitating training and workshops to getting deeply involved ‘in the trenches’ with teams.
Glaudia is passionate about helping organisations identify how value to the customer is delivered, by evaluating what work is performed, by whom, where the bottlenecks and waste are, and what steps organisations can take incrementally to improve flow and deliver value.
David’s professional experience spans roles of; Agile Trainer, Agile Coach, Scrum Master, Kanban Service Delivery Manager, Team Leader and Software Developer in a variety of industries, including finance, eCommerce, social housing and education.
David believes in servant leadership, and he values environments where empowerment, autonomy and flexibility enable teams to do the best work possible.
He is committed to continuous learning and development in himself and others. He is passionate about getting the best out of teams and seeing people reach their full potential.
David is active in the global Agile community, including blogging, and speaking at conferences and meetups around the world.
Kanban Systems Design (KMP1) Course Coverage
Students are challenged to think in terms of using Kanban to better understand what to do when they return to their workplaces.
- Understanding Kanban systems – foundation Kanban principles and core Kanban practices;
- Experience Kanban and flow in a Kanban simulation;
- Kanban metrics and charts;
- Learn and use STATIK (Systems Thinking Approach to Introducing Kanban) to design your Kanban system;
The Kanban Systems Design course (KMP1 course) covers:
• Principles of the Kanban Method
• Core Practices of the Kanban Method
Visualising the Workflow Work Items
• Identifying Work Item Types
• Modelling the Process
• Demand and Capability Analysis
• Kanban Boards
• Team-based realistic simulation of using a Kanban system in action
Limiting Work in Progress
• Little’s Law
• Limiting WIP
• Input Queues
• Cumulative Flow Diagrams
• Measuring Flow
• WIP as an indicator of Lead Time
• Identifying Problems
Making Process Policies Explicit
• Classes of Service
• Cost of Delay
• Scheduling Policies
• Service Level Agreements
• Empirical Feedback
• Feedback Within the Team
• Feedback Between Teams
• Feedback from Manager to Team Member
Kaizen – Collaborative Improvement
• Evolutionary Change
Kanban Systems Design (KMP1) Course Certification
Attendees who attend the Kanban Systems Design (KMP1) course will receive:
Kanban Systems Design (KMP1) certificate of attendance.
Note – The KMP1 course is the first of two courses that leads to the Kanban Management Professional (KMP) designation. Trainees need to attend both KMP1 (Kanban Systems Design course) and KMP2 (Kanban Systems Improvement course) to become a certified Kanban Management Professional.
Kanban Systems Design (KMP1) Prerequisites
All experience levels are welcome. No previous Kanban training or experience is required.
Optionally, attendees might want to read “Kanban” by David J Anderson or “Kanban from the Inside” by Mike Burrows.
Benefits of Kanban
Kanban is a set of values, practices and principles that bring the benefits of Lean theory to organisations.
Benefits of Kanban, and therefore the KMP1 course, include;
• Increasing the flow of value
• Visualising and establishing an optimum workload for the team’s capacity;
• Reducing waste;
• Creating better organisational alignment;
• Building a culture of engaged workers.
For remote/online courses, your refund will be processed in the following scenario:
- Cancellation/Postponement By You – You may decide to cancel or postpone your course up to 72 hours before the first day of the remote/online course… no questions asked! You can either opt for alternative course date or ask for a full (100%) refund. The other course date is subject to our schedule and availability is not guaranteed. If we are unable to offer you your desired date, your money will be refunded.
- Cancellation/postponement By Edinburgh Agile – In the very unlikely event that we have to cancel your course, you will entitled to either an alternative course date or a full (100%). In such a scenario, all participants will be informed well in advance via email.
- Last Minute Cancellation or No-shows by You – No refund is offered if you do not contact us 72 hours (or more) in advance, or do not show up on the day, of the workshop. Informing one day before the class is also considered no-show and no refund is offered in such cases.
- Content/Trainer quality – For any of our remote/online training courses, you are offered the first 25% of the duration of the course to review and decide. If you feel that the trainer or training is unable to match up to your expectations regarding quality and delivery, directly notify the trainer by private message and then exit the session. You will be entitled to 100% of your money refuned.
Q. How soon will my refund be processed?
A. Your refund will be processed within 24 hours of your request, from the Edinburgh Agile side. Your bank may take 3-5 days.
Q. Do you contact me when I request a refund?
A. We may contact you to understand your feedback but never to persuade you against the refund.
Q. Can I buy future courses if I asked for a refund now?
A. Of course. There is no reason for not having you in our future courses! You are very welcome to join in any of our future courses!
Q. Will I keep getting the free content and support if I asked for a refund?
A. We won’t segregate or block you if you have asked for a refund. You will still be able to explore our free content, remain a member of our LinkedIn groups, and attend our webinars, offline free/paid events or workshops.