During this interesting and engaging virtual Kanban Systems Improvement (KMP2), you will continue your previous learning and accreditation following KMP1 (Kanban Systems Design) in order to achieve the full Kanban Management Professional (KMP) accreditation! Indeed, this KMP2 course continues the Kanban University syllabus and is aimed at people who are currently using a Kanban system, have prior experience with Kanban, and have already completed the KMP1 course.
The KMP2 course focuses on improving Kanban systems. You will consider techniques for managing change, removing delays in your system, and scaling Kanban principles and practices. Consolidating what you have learned in the KMP1 course, you will discover how to improve organisational agility with the Kanban cadences, understanding Kanban metrics, and evolving appropriate Kanban policies.
Our remote KMP2 trainers are industry-leading experts in Kanban and have extensive hands-on experience in practicing the Kanban Method.
In this KMP2 course, created by leading Kanban experts, including David J. Anderson, you will learn:
- The Motivation for the Kanban method;
- Understanding Kanban systems;
- Kanban cadences and communication flows;
- Kanban for the enterprise;
- Understanding lead time;
- Understanding and managing variability;
- Managing evolutionary change.
Being online, the Kanban Systems Improvement course is suitable for trainees across the globe… the course runs on the 16th and 17th September 2021… each day of the online course starts at 9:00 am UK GMT (10:00 am CET) and finishes at 5:00 pm UK GMT (6:00 pm CET). This makes this live virtual KMP2 course perfect for people in the UK and across Europe in particular.
What you will receive:
- Two days of high-quality interactive training from a leading Kanban Systems Improvement trainer;
- Official KMP2 course materials;
- Kanban Management Professional (KMP) accreditation from Kanban University, a globally recognised accreditation of achievement (upon completion of both KMP1 and KMP2);
- Membership to Kanban University;
- 16 Scrum Education Units® (SEUs) and Project Management Professionals® (PMP) can claim 12 hours technical PMI PDUs and 4 hours leadership PMI PDUs;
- Free eBook “Kanban: Successful Evolutionary Change for your Technology Business” by David Anderson (creator of the Kanban Method);
- US$10 off of the eBook “Kanban From The Inside” by Mike Burrows.
Who should attend the Kanban Systems Improvement (KMP2) course?
Managers and team members who want to start a Kanban initiative or get more out of their current Kanban system. Kanban works across many functions of an organisation. If you want to improve your working practices, then you should attend a Kanban Systems Improvement course. This could mean you are about to start a Kanban initiative or looking to get more from your current Kanban system. Previous KMP2 attendees have been in roles such as:
- Senior Managers;
- Program and Project Managers;
- Product Managers, Product Owners and Business Analysts;
- Scrum Masters, Team Leads and Change Agents;
- Product & Software Developers & Testers;
- Agile Coaches & Practitioners (Scrum, XP, DSDM, AgilePM, etc.);
- Other roles such as HR and Finance professionals.
Note – Attendees of the KMP2 course (Kanban Systems Improvement) should have attended the KMP1 course in advance.
This Kanban Systems Improvement (KMP2) course takes place online over two days using state-of-the-art technology:
- Thursday 16th September – 9:00 am to 5:00 pm UK GMT / 10:00 am to 6:00 pm CET
- Friday 17th September – 9:00 am to 5:00 pm UK GMT / 10:00 am to 6:00 pm CET
Being live and online, this KMP2 course is specifically designed to cater to trainees across the globe, and particularly across the UK and Europe. Indeed, the timing of this course supports trainees attending from, for example; Edinburgh, London, Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin, and Budapest to name just a few locations.
Attendance on both days of the online KMP2 course (as listed above) is required.
The Kanban Systems Improvement course includes regular breaks for comfort and effective learning.
Remote/Online Course Logistics
This KMP2 remote/online course utilises state-of-the-art technology in order to support communication and learning. The course uses a combination of the Zoom video and audio conferencing platform and the Mural and Google Jamboard collaboration platforms.
Upon sign-up for the course, you will be sent a calendar invitation with Zoom video/audio conference details as well as information about using Mural and Google Jamboard.
Your Remote Kanban Systems Improvement Trainer(s)
About your Kanban Systems Improvement (KMP2) course trainers…
David’s professional experience spans roles of; Agile Trainer, Agile Coach, Scrum Master, Kanban Service Delivery Manager, Team Leader and Software Developer in a variety of industries, including finance, eCommerce, social housing and education.
David believes in servant leadership, and he values environments where empowerment, autonomy and flexibility enable teams to do the best work possible.
He is committed to continuous learning and development in himself and others. He is passionate about getting the best out of teams and seeing people reach their full potential.
David is active in the global Agile community, including blogging, and speaking at conferences and meetups around the world.
Glaudia started her technology career in 2005 as a development team member in a Scrum team. Since then she has worked with software and non-software development teams in various capacities, from facilitating training and workshops to getting deeply involved ‘in the trenches’ with teams.
Glaudia is passionate about helping organisations identify how value to the customer is delivered, by evaluating what work is performed, by whom, where the bottlenecks and waste are, and what steps organisations can take incrementally to improve flow and deliver value.
Kanban Systems Improvement (KMP2) Course Coverage
Students are challenged to think in terms of using Kanban to better understand what to do when they return to their workplaces.
- Managing Evolutionary Change;
- Dealing with Resistance to Change;
- Feedback Loops and Continuous Learning;
- Implementing and Scaling out Kanban;
- Balancing Demand and Capability;
- Optimizing Flow and Predictability.
The Kanban Systems Improvement course (KMP2 course) covers:
Building an Information Flow: the 7 Cadences
• Commitment and Replenishment
• Kanban Meeting
• Delivery Planning
• Service Delivery Review
• Operations Review
• Risk Review
Note – only 6 of the 7 cadences are covered in the KMP2 course. The Strategy Review/Strategy Meeting is covered in the Kanban University Enterprise Services Planning (ESP) course.
Understanding Resistance to Change
• Motivation for Kanban
• Psychology of Change
Understanding Kanban Systems
• Understanding Commitment
• Understanding Lead Time
• Setting Expectations
Scaling a Kanban Initiative
• Improving Kanban Systems
• Upstream Kanban
• Scaling out across an organisation
Developing a Service Orientation
• Seeing Services
• Case study
• Evolutionary Change vs Planned Change
• Fitness criteria
Models to Identify Improvement Opportunities
• Managing Bottlenecks
• Understanding Variability
• Removing Delays
• Understand Lead Time
• Managing Economic Costs
• Theory of Constraints
Kanban Systems Improvement (KMP2) Course Certification
Attendees who attend the Kanban Systems Improvement (KMP2) course will receive:
- Kanban Management Professional (KMP) designation;
- Digital KMP status certificate attached to Kanban University website profile.
Note – The KMP2 course is the second of two courses that leads to the Kanban Management Professional (KMP) designation. Trainees need to attend both KMP1 (Kanban Systems Design course) and KMP2 (Kanban Systems Improvement course) to become a certified Kanban Management Professional.
Kanban Systems Improvement (KMP2) Prerequisites
Attendees should have attended the Kanban System Design course (KMP1 course).
It is recommended that attendees have read “Kanban” by David J Anderson and/or “Kanban from the Inside” by Mike Burrows.
Benefits of Kanban
Kanban is a set of values, practices, and principles that bring the benefits of Lean theory to organisations.
Benefits of Kanban, and therefore the KMP2 course, include;
• Increasing the flow of value
• Visualising and establishing an optimum workload for the team’s capacity;
• Reducing waste;
• Creating better organisational alignment;
• Building a culture of engaged workers;
• Fitness for purpose for the future;
• Organisational survivability.
For remote/online courses, your refund will be processed in the following scenario:
- Cancellation/Postponement By You – You may decide to cancel or postpone your course up to 72 hours before the first day of the remote/online course… no questions asked! You can either opt for alternative course date or ask for a full (100%) refund. The other course date is subject to our schedule and availability is not guaranteed. If we are unable to offer you your desired date, your money will be refunded.
- Cancellation/postponement By Edinburgh Agile – In the very unlikely event that we have to cancel your course, you will entitled to either an alternative course date or a full (100%). In such a scenario, all participants will be informed well in advance via email.
- Last Minute Cancellation or No-shows by You – No refund is offered if you do not contact us 72 hours (or more) in advance, or do not show up on the day, of the workshop. Informing one day before the class is also considered no-show and no refund is offered in such cases.
- Content/Trainer quality – For any of our remote/online training courses, you are offered the first 25% of the duration of the course to review and decide. If you feel that the trainer or training is unable to match up to your expectations regarding quality and delivery, directly notify the trainer by private message and then exit the session. You will be entitled to 100% of your money refuned.
Q. How soon will my refund be processed?
A. Your refund will be processed within 24 hours of your request, from the Edinburgh Agile side. Your bank may take 3-5 days.
Q. Do you contact me when I request a refund?
A. We may contact you to understand your feedback but never to persuade you against the refund.
Q. Can I buy future courses if I asked for a refund now?
A. Of course. There is no reason for not having you in our future courses! You are very welcome to join in any of our future courses!
Q. Will I keep getting the free content and support if I asked for a refund?
A. We won’t segregate or block you if you have asked for a refund. You will still be able to explore our free content, remain a member of our LinkedIn groups, and attend our webinars, offline free/paid events or workshops.