Our Presentation Excellence Masterclass course is designed for individual professionals, and organisations alike, that want to raise their level of presentation quality and impact… be it to large conferences audiences or for small product demonstration audiences. Join this cutting-edge presentation skills course to take your communication to the next level!
The course covers 4 key elements of high quality presenting performance… 1) you as a presenter, 2) your presentation, 3) your performance and 4) achieving your pinnacle. Each part is designed for teams or individuals alike.
This innovative online course is made up of discussions and hands-on exercises based around Ian Callow’s co-authored book; The Presenter’s Handbook (of which a copy of the book is included for free as part of the course). Slides are kept to a minimum, and deep and interesting discussion and debate is encouraged. The enjoyable and engaging course exercises will really develop your skills and understanding of presentation techniques.
Being online, the Presentation Excellence Masterclass (PEM) course is suitable for trainees across the globe… the one day course on Tuesday 2nd March 2021 and starts at 9:00 am UK GMT (10:00 am CET) and finishes at 5:00pm UK GMT (6:00 pm CET). This makes the course perfect for people across the United Kingdom and Europe in particular.
What you will receive:
- One day of high-quality interactive instruction from leading trainer and author, Ian Callow;
- Official course materials;
- A free eBook version (multiple e formats including Kindle and PDF) of the The Presenter’s Handbook – How to present with newfound confidence, energy and ability;
- Free access to over 90 “Quick Guide to Presenting” information sheets;
- Three attempts at the PEM assessment. Following the course, a login/password will be provided to the trainee to attempt the PEM assessment (included in the cost of the course) and, if the trainee takes the aforementioned PEM assessment within 21 days of the class end, and does not achieve the 85% certification score, they will also get 2 additional free re-attempts;
- Presentation Excellence Masterclass (PEM) certificate (upon completion of the course and passing the official Presentation Excellence Masterclass assessment) and digital badge.
Who should attend the Presentation Excellence Masterclass course?
This Presentation Excellence Masterclass course is designed designed for individuals needing to convey information to internal teams and external clients, small teams or larger audiences, as well as professionals working in a training environment.
Organisational leaders, Department Heads, Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Programme Managers, Organisation Trainers, and Sales Managers are examples of roles that have benefited from this leading presentation skills development course.
Your Remote Trainer
This course is facilitated by Ian Callow, co-author of The Presenter’s Handbook – How to present with newfound confidence, energy and ability. Ian is an experienced trainer, and his myriad of experiences have developed his interpersonal communication skills, in conjunction with an increased understanding of a presenter’s physiology and psychology.
Ian has presented and trained thousands of delegates within an array of industry sectors including corporate, MOD, police, NHS and education. This wide breadth of people experience is what developed Ian’s interest in the subjects of psychology and physiology and how this impacts and facilitates communication and presentation.
Ian is passionate about conveying his experience and understanding to help others become a Power Presenter… breaking down presenter/trainee and presenter/audience barriers.
This Presentation Excellence Masterclass course takes place online over one day using state-of-the-art technology:
- Tuesday 2nd March – 9:00 am to 5:00 pm UK GMT (10:00 am to 6:00 pm CET)
Being online and interactive, this presentation skills course is specifically designed to cater for trainees across the globe, and particularly across the United Kingdom and Europe. Indeed, the timing of this presentation techniques course supports trainees attending from, for example; from Edinburgh, London, Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin, Madrid and many other locations.
The course includes regular breaks for comfort and effective learning.
Remote/Online Course Logistics
Upon sign-up of the course, you will be sent a calendar invitation with Zoom video/audio conference details as well as information about the visual collaboration tool used.
It is recommended you download the Zoom app onto your PC for best learning experience.
Presentation Excellence Masterclass Coverage
The Presentation Excellence Masterclass course is broken into four parts:
- Presenter – delves deeper into what makes us nervous
when presenting, and the triggers we can reverse. Gain
understanding on Physiology, Anchoring and mood when performing
any size or style of presentation;
- Presentation – which concentrating on the presentation element of presenting. What makes a good quality presentation and how do we achieve the desired outcome? These questions will be answered. This part of the course is ideal for people who undertake product demos and multi presentation forums;
- Performance – focuses on the performance element of presenting. How can presentations be enhanced to engage your audience? You will consider the importance of human instinct and where humans look. You will begin to ceate your own safety net for building confidence.
- Pinnacle – develops messaging from the Presenter, Presentation and Performance parts. Concentrating on the feedback and self
awareness required to constantly improve your presentation style.
The pinnacle part of Presentation Excellence Masterclass develops your ability to deliver on a consistent basis.
For more detail, see the course breakdown below.
The outcomes of the Presentation Excellence Masterclass are:
- Tools, techniques, and practices for creating quality presentations;
- Insight into how presentations develop;
- Thinking about how presentations can be improved;
- Real world examples and understanding.
The topics in this presentation skills course include:
- Anchoring emotions;
- Importance of Physiology;
- Rules of presenting information;
- Engaging your audience;
- Understanding your own performance;
- How to maintain a high level of presentation techniques.
Presenter (c. 90 minutes section) online interactive section focuses on experiences and improvement in every individual. Starting with the core framework for a confident presentation style.
The section introduces the principles of anchoring a mindset, removing nerves that build tension and tightness when presenting. We will discuss and discover how our own physiology not only affects the audience but our own confidence.
All attendees will gain a powerful understanding that one presentation does not meet all criteria, adaption is required. Grasping and enacting this transition is key to a successful presentation.
Presentation (c. 90 minutes section) focuses on the presentation itself, and how this has great influence over your audience. During this section we will discover aspects of communication and engagement with the audience dependent on size and knowledgeability. Creating slides which allow you to control where the audience is looking given any auditorium and room configuration. During this section on this interactive course, we also discuss and develop the process of filtering your presentation to account for different timings or audience baseline knowledge. At all stages understanding the process of maintaining your presentation key message, whilst building a story, is vital for success.
Performance (c. 90 minutes section) develops ideas of enhancing presentations and allowing the audience to feel fully engaged in the presentation. During the Performance part of the PEM course, you will gain understanding of where humans look during a presentation and how you as a presenter can influence that glance. How to include dual encoding to secure your key message in the long-term memory. Understand why a pause is not a sign of weakness when transmitting your key message, and why room layout is important for a successful outcome, especially in a sales environment.
In the Pinnacle section of the (c. 90 mins duration) you will devlop an understanding of how a presentation can be improved continuously. Through interaction and discussion, attendees will develop knowledge of
improving audience participation and engagement. Demonstration of how colleagues can be key member of your presentation performance when striving for perfection. Understanding will be given to self performance analysis and how that reflection enhances your own ability to present at a higher level. Build an understanding what is in your control and how these controls will influence the presentation. At the end of the Pinnacle section, attendees have the tools to reflect and improve.
In the book, The Presenter’s Handbook – How to present with newfound confidence, energy and ability; Ian Callow highlights how to get your key message across to the audience immeasurably more effectively. Whether you are leading, selling, educating, informing, sharing or even preaching, the contents of The Presenter’s Handbook will transform your presentation skills and communication ability!
Find out how you and your presentation content can combine to deliver a truly captivating performance. Discover how to “Power Present” so that you embed your messages into the minds of your audience. The Presenter’s Handbook is a revolutionary new way for you to develop your own presenting personality and ability. It will demonstrate step-by-step how to communicate to audiences large and small with a new-found confidence, energy and ability.
For more information about the book, which is available in Kindle, Paperback and Hardback formats, click here.
Remember; this course includes ebook (Kindle and/or PDF).
Presentation Excellence Masterclass (PEM) Certification and Assessment Details
Attendees who attend the Presentation Excellence Masterclass course, and go on to pass the PEM certification assessment will receive:
- Presentation Excellence Masterclass (PEM) Certificate of Completion.
Presentation Excellence Masterclass (PEM) Exam Details
Format: Multiple Choice, Multiple Answer and True/False
Time Limit: 90 Minutes
Number of Questions: 65
Passing Score: 85%
The first, second and third PEM assessment attempts are FREE as they are INCLUDED in the cost of the course. If trainees take the first PEM assessment within 21 days of the end of the class, and do not achieve the 80% certification score, they get 2 free re-attempts.
Further PEM assessment attempts would cost £30.
Presentation Excellence Masterclass Course Prerequisites
Attendees make the most of the online course if they:
- Have previous experience presenting to small and/or large audiences. The course looks to take skills and knowledge to the next level.
For remote/online courses, your refund will be processed in the following scenario:
- Cancellation/Postponement By You – You may decide to cancel or postpone your course up to 72 hours before the first day of the remote/online course… no questions asked! You can either opt for alternative course date or ask for a full (100%) refund. The other course date is subject to our schedule and availability is not guaranteed. If we are unable to offer you your desired date, your money will be refunded.
- Cancellation/postponement By Edinburgh Agile – In the very unlikely event that we have to cancel your course, you will entitled to either an alternative course date or a full (100%). In such a scenario, all participants will be informed well in advance via email.
- Last Minute Cancellation or No-shows by You – No refund is offered if you do not contact us 72 hours (or more) in advance, or do not show up on the day, of the workshop. Informing one day before the class is also considered no-show and no refund is offered in such cases.
- Content/Trainer quality – For any of our remote/online training courses, you are offered the first 25% of the duration of the course to review and decide. If you feel that the trainer or training is unable to match up to your expectations regarding quality and delivery, directly notify the trainer by private message and then exit the session. You will be entitled to 100% of your money refuned.
Q. How soon will my refund be processed?
A. Your refund will be processed within 24 hours of your request, from the Edinburgh Agile side. Your bank may take 3-5 days.
Q. Do you contact me when I request a refund?
A. We may contact you to understand your feedback but never to persuade you against the refund.
Q. Can I buy future courses if I asked for a refund now?
A. Of course. There is no reason for not having you in our future courses! You are very welcome to join in any of our future courses!
Q. Will I keep getting the free content and support if I asked for a refund?
A. We won’t segregate or block you if you have asked for a refund. You will still be able to explore our free content, remain a member of our LinkedIn groups, and attend our webinars, offline free/paid events or workshops.