During this Professional Agile Leadership Essentials course (PAL-E course) you will be provided with a foundation for the role that Agile leaders play in creating the conditions for a successful agile transformation. Leaders and managers are critical enablers in helping their organizations be successful, yet the role of leaders and managers in an Agile organization can be quite different from what they are used to. This Scrum.org PAL-E workshop uses an engaging combination of instruction and team-based exercises to help participants learn how to form and support Agile teams to achieve better results, and how to lead the cultural and behavioural changes that organizations must make to reap the benefits of an agile product delivery approach.
Your remote PAL-E trainer (a Scrum.org Professional Scrum Trainer) is an industry leading expert in Scrum and Agility, and has extensive hands-on experience of practicing Scrum and has been Consulting, Coaching, and Training in DevOps & Agility since 2010.
In this PAL-E course you will learn where and how Agility can help your organization improve, by addressing challenges you can solve in no other way. You will also understand how Agile teams work and what you, as a manager or leader, can do to help them to improve. You will also be able to quantify the benefits of improving the agility of your organization through concrete measures.
Click here for the Professional Agile Leadership Essentials Overview
Being online, the Professional Agile Leadership Essentials course (PAL-E course) is suitable for trainees across the globe… each day starts at 9:00 am EST (2.00 pm UK BST) and finishes at 11:30am EST (17:30 pm UK BST). This makes this Professional Agile Leadership Essentials course perfect for people in the Americas (North and South America, Canada, Caribbean) and Europe.
What you will receive:
- Two days (spread over 4 half days) of high-quality interactive training from a leading Professional Agile Leadership trainer;
- Official course materials;
- Two attempts at the Professional Agile Leadership I assessment. Following the Professional Agile Leadership Essentials (PAL-E) course, a password will be provided to the trainee to attempt the PAL I assessment (included in the cost of the course) and, if the trainee takes the aforementioned PAL I assessment within 14 days of the class end, and does not achieve the 85% certification score, they will also get 1 additional free re-attempt;
- Professional Agile Leadership I certificate signed by the co-creator of Scrum and founder of Scrum.org; Ken Schwaber (upon completion of the course and passing the official Professional Agile Leadership I assessment);
- 14 PMI PDU’s credits can be claimed for this Professional Agile Leadership Essentials course.
Who should attend the Professional Agile Leadership Essentials (PAL-E) course?
Our Scrum.org Professional Agile Leadership Essentials course (PAL-E course) is designed for managers and those in leadership roles who are responsible for the introduction and establishment of Agile methods and techniques in an IT organization/division.
This Scrum.org Professional Agile Leadership course (PAL-E course) takes place online over four half-days days using state-of-the-art technology:
- Monday 28th September – 8:00 am to 11:30 am EST / 2:00 pm to 17:30 pm UK BST
- Tuesday 29th September – 8:00 am to 11:30 am EST / 2:00 pm to 17:30 pm UK BST
- Wednesday 30th September- 8:00 am to 11:30 am EST / 2:00 pm to 17:30 pm UK BST
- Thursday 1st October – 8:00 am to 11:30 am EST / 2:00 pm to 17:30 pm UK BST
Being online and interactive, this PAL-E course is specifically designed to cater for trainees across the globe, and particularly across the Americas and Europe. Indeed, the timing of this course supports trainees attending from, for example; from Mexico (Cancún), Argentina (Buenos Aires), Chile (Santiago), North America (Los Angeles, Dallas, Washington DC, New York) and Canada (Vancouver, Toronto) and Europe (London, Paris, Berlin, Madrid, Rome).
Attendance on both days of the course (as listed above) is required.
The course includes regular breaks for comfort and effective learning.
Remote/Online Course Logistics
This Professional Agile Leadership Essentials remote/online class utilises state-of-the-art technology in order to support communication and learning. The course uses a combination of the Microsoft Teams video and audio conferencing platform and the Mural collaboration platforms.
Upon sign-up of the course, you will be sent a calendar invitation with Zoom video/audio conference details as well as information about using Mural.
Your Professional Agile Leadership Essentials Trainer
Martin Hinshelwood is a Professional Scrum Trainer who has been consulting, coaching who has been delivering software since 2000, and training in DevOps and Agility since 2010!
A leading Agile consultant; over the last 10 years Martin has helped organisations including Microsoft, UK Government, Vodafone, Schlumberger, & Kongsberg Digital. He has trained 1000+ people in 37 countries around the world. He trains and coaches Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Development Teams and organisations in their evolution towards Scrum, Agile, & DevOps practices.
Professional Agile Leadership Essentials Course Coverage
The Professional Agile Leadership Essentials course covers:
- Theory and Principles;
- Improving Value Delivery;
- Value – The “What”;
- Culture – The “Who”;
- Professionalism – The “How”;
During the Professional Agile Leadership Essentials class, leader are challenged to think in terms of the how and why associated with the introduction and establishment of Agility, and subsequently understand what to do when they return to their workplaces.
- Development of a common language;
- Understanding of core problems in IT Product and Software Development;
- Professional introduction and establishment of Agile techniques;
- Role management plays in the Agile change of an organization.
Professional Agile Leadership I (PAL I) Certification and Assessment Details
Attendees who attend the Professional Agile Leadership (PAL) Essentials course, and go on to pass the PAL I certification assessment will receive:
Professional Agile Leadership I (PAL I) certificate;
Professional Agile Leadership (PAL I) Exam Details
Format: Multiple Choice, Multiple Answer and True/False
Time Limit: 60 Minutes
Number of Questions: 36
Passing Score: 85%
The first and second PAL I assessment attempts are FREE as they are INCLUDED in the cost of the Professional Agile Leadership Essentials course (PAL-E course). If trainees take the first PAL I assessment within 14 days of the end of the class, and do not achieve the 85% certification score, they get 1 free re-attempt.
Further PAL I assessment attempts would cost $200.
Inclusion in the list of Professional Scrum Certificate Holders
The industry-recognised Scrum.org PAL certifications require a challenging minimum passing score which ensures the certifications have true value in the marketplace. If you pass the PAL certifications your name will be posted publicly for colleagues, managers, and potential employers to see.
Click here to see the Professional Scrum certification list.
Professional Agile Leadership Essentials Course Prerequisites
Attendees make the most of the online course if they:
- Have studied the Scrum Guide (required). You can find a link to the Scrum Guide here: The Scrum Guide;
- Passed the Scrum Open assessment. You can find a link to the Scrum Open assessment here: Scrum Open Assessment;
- Have a solid understanding of Scrum either through working on a Scrum Team, or through taking part in a Professional Scrum Foundations (PSF) or Professional Scrum Master (PSM) course (or similar courses);
- Have been on, or are closely involved in software or product development endeavours using Scrum.
For remote/online courses, your refund will be processed in the following scenario:
- Cancellation/Postponement By You – You may decide to cancel or postpone your course up to 72 hours before the first day of the remote/online course… no questions asked! You can either opt for alternative course date or ask for a full (100%) refund. The other course date is subject to our schedule and availability is not guaranteed. If we are unable to offer you your desired date, your money will be refunded.
- Cancellation/postponement By Edinburgh Agile – In the very unlikely event that we have to cancel your course, you will entitled to either an alternative course date or a full (100%). In such a scenario, all participants will be informed well in advance via email.
- Last Minute Cancellation or No-shows by You – No refund is offered if you do not contact us 72 hours (or more) in advance, or do not show up on the day, of the workshop. Informing one day before the class is also considered no-show and no refund is offered in such cases.
- Content/Trainer quality – For any of our remote/online training courses, you are offered the first 25% of the duration of the course to review and decide. If you feel that the trainer or training is unable to match up to your expectations regarding quality and delivery, directly notify the trainer by private message and then exit the session. You will be entitled to 100% of your money refuned.
Q. How soon will my refund be processed?
A. Your refund will be processed within 24 hours of your request, from the Edinburgh Agile side. Your bank may take 3-5 days.
Q. Do you contact me when I request a refund?
A. We may contact you to understand your feedback but never to persuade you against the refund.
Q. Can I buy future courses if I asked for a refund now?
A. Of course. There is no reason for not having you in our future courses! You are very welcome to join in any of our future courses!
Q. Will I keep getting the free content and support if I asked for a refund?
A. We won’t segregate or block you if you have asked for a refund. You will still be able to explore our free content, remain a member of our LinkedIn groups, and attend our webinars, offline free/paid events or workshops.