During this live virtual Professional Scrum Foundations (PSF) training course, you will be provided with the foundational knowledge needed to work with Scrum in a highly practical way. The course is a combination of instruction and team-based exercises where you will learn about the framework and gaining insights into overcoming complexity, with team-based collaboration and self-organization as essential elements in mastering Scrum.
Your remote trainers are industry-leading experts in Scrum with extensive hands-on experience of practicing Scrum.
In this PSF course, you will work together in a Scrum team during a series of Sprints to build a product, thereby facing real-life problems. The rules, roles, and principles of Scrum are leveraged during the Scrum training exercises. From its emphasis on the practical application of Scrum, the PSF course exposes common missteps and misunderstandings so students grow a higher awareness of the associated symptoms. In addition, the Professional Scrum Foundations course provides prescriptive guidance to avoid going off track and keep Scrum healthy.
Click here for more information Professional Scrum Foundations Training Overview
Being online, the Professional Scrum Foundations course is suitable for trainees across the globe… the course runs on the 10th and 11th May 2021… each day starts at 9:00 am UK GMT (10:00 am CET) and finishes at 5:00 pm UK GMT (6:00 pm CET). This makes the PSF course perfect for people in the UK and across Europe in particular.
What you will receive:
- Two days of high-quality interactive training from a leading Scrum trainer;
- Official course materials;
- Two attempts at the Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) assessment. Following the course, a password will be provided to the trainee to attempt the PSM I assessment (included in the cost of the course) and, if the trainee takes the aforementioned PSM I assessment within 14 days of the class end, and does not achieve the 85% certification score, they will also get 1 additional free re-attempt;
- Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) certificate signed by the co-creator of Scrum and founder of Scrum.org; Ken Schwaber (upon completion of the PSF course and passing the official Professional Scrum Master I assessment);
- A voucher for 40% off the PSM II assessment;
- 14 PMI PDU’s credits can be claimed for this Professional Scrum Foundations course.
Who should attend the Professional Scrum Foundations (PSF) course?
The Professional Scrum Foundations course is the perfect introduction, reboot, or refresher to Scrum. This online training course is for teams or anyone wanting to experience the Scrum way of working. Indeed, the PSF course provides the base knowledge needed for anyone interested in taking role focused trainings. No existing knowledge of Scrum is required to attend.
This Professional Scrum Foundations course takes place online over two days using state-of-the-art technology:
- Monday 10th May – 9:00 am to 5:00 pm UK GMT / 10:00 am to 6:00 pm CET
- Tuesday 11th May – 9:00 am to 5:00 pm UK GMT / 10:00 am to 6:00 pm CET
Being online and interactive, this PSF course is specifically designed to cater to trainees across the globe, and particularly across the UK and Europe. Indeed, the timing of this course supports trainees attending from, for example; from Glasgow, London, Nice, Copenhagen, Amsterdam, Madrid, Bucharest, and Budapest to name just a few locations.
Attendance on both days of the live virtual PSF course (as listed above) is required.
The PSF course includes regular breaks for comfort and effective learning.
Remote/Online Course Logistics
This Professional Scrum Foundations (PSF) remote/online course utilises state-of-the-art technology in order to support communication and learning. The course uses a combination of the Zoom video and audio conferencing platform and the Mural and Google Jamboard collaboration platforms.
Upon sign-up for the course, you will be sent a calendar invitation with Zoom video/audio conference details.
Your Scrum Trainer(s)
About your Professional Scrum Foundation course trainers…
David’s professional experience spans roles of; Agile Trainer, Agile Coach, Scrum Master, Kanban Service Delivery Manager, Team Leader and Software Developer in a variety of industries, including finance, eCommerce, social housing and education.
David believes in servant leadership, and he values environments where empowerment, autonomy and flexibility enable teams to do the best work possible.
He is committed to continuous learning and development in himself and others. He is passionate about getting the best out of teams and seeing people reach their full potential.
David is active in the global Agile community, including blogging, and speaking at conferences and meetups around the world.
Glaudia started her technology career in 2005 as a development team member in a Scrum team. Since then she has worked with software and non-software development teams in various capacities, from facilitating training and workshops to getting deeply involved ‘in the trenches’ with teams.
Glaudia is passionate about helping organisations identify how value to the customer is delivered, by evaluating what work is performed, by whom, where the bottlenecks and waste are, and what steps organisations can take incrementally to improve flow and deliver value.
Professional Scrum Foundations Coverage
The Professional Scrum Foundations course covers the topics of:
- Fundamentals of Scrum;
- The Scrum Framework;
- Mastering Scrum;
- Planning with Scrum;
- Getting Started;
- Keeping Scrum healthy.
Students are challenged to think in terms of Scrum and the Scrum principles to better understand what to do when they return to their workplaces.
- Have a clear understanding of the foundational elements of Scrum and their coherence;
- Be able to take part in a Scrum Team;
- Effectively deliver valuable software;
- Leave the class with a handful of tips to identify common pitfalls and dysfunctions.
Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) Certification and Assessment Details
Attendees who attend the Professional Scrum Foundations (PSF) course, and go on to pass the PSM I certification assessment will receive:
Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) certificate;
Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) Exam Details
Format: Multiple Choice, Multiple Answer and True/False
Time Limit: 60 Minutes
Number of Questions: 80
Passing Score: 85%
The first and second PSM I assessment attempts are FREE as they are INCLUDED in the cost of the course. If trainees take the first PSM I assessment within 14 days of the end of the class, and do not achieve the 85% certification score, they get 1 free re-attempt.
Further PSM I assessment attempts would cost $150.
The PSM II assessment is an additional $250 however the course includes one 40% discount on this cost.
Inclusion in the list of Professional Scrum Certificate Holders
The industry-recognised PSM certifications require a challenging minimum passing score which ensures the certifications have true value in the marketplace. If you pass the PSM certifications your name will be posted publicly for colleagues, managers, and potential employers to see.
Click here to see the Professional Scrum certification list.
Professional ScrumFoundations Course Prerequisites
All experience levels are welcome. No previous Scrum training or experience is required.
Attendees make the most of the online PSF course if they:
- Have studied the Scrum Guide. You can find a link to the Scrum Guide here: The Scrum Guide;.
For remote/online courses, your refund will be processed in the following scenario:
- Cancellation/Postponement By You – You may decide to cancel or postpone your course up to 72 hours before the first day of the remote/online course… no questions asked! You can either opt for alternative course date or ask for a full (100%) refund. The other course date is subject to our schedule and availability is not guaranteed. If we are unable to offer you your desired date, your money will be refunded.
- Cancellation/postponement By Edinburgh Agile – In the very unlikely event that we have to cancel your course, you will entitled to either an alternative course date or a full (100%). In such a scenario, all participants will be informed well in advance via email.
- Last Minute Cancellation or No-shows by You – No refund is offered if you do not contact us 72 hours (or more) in advance, or do not show up on the day, of the workshop. Informing one day before the class is also considered no-show and no refund is offered in such cases.
- Content/Trainer quality – For any of our remote/online training courses, you are offered the first 25% of the duration of the course to review and decide. If you feel that the trainer or training is unable to match up to your expectations regarding quality and delivery, directly notify the trainer by private message and then exit the session. You will be entitled to 100% of your money refuned.
Q. How soon will my refund be processed?
A. Your refund will be processed within 24 hours of your request, from the Edinburgh Agile side. Your bank may take 3-5 days.
Q. Do you contact me when I request a refund?
A. We may contact you to understand your feedback but never to persuade you against the refund.
Q. Can I buy future courses if I asked for a refund now?
A. Of course. There is no reason for not having you in our future courses! You are very welcome to join in any of our future courses!
Q. Will I keep getting the free content and support if I asked for a refund?
A. We won’t segregate or block you if you have asked for a refund. You will still be able to explore our free content, remain a member of our LinkedIn groups, and attend our webinars, offline free/paid events or workshops.