During this cutting-edge two day online training course, you will deepen your understanding of the Scrum framework and the role of the Scrum Master in it. The Professional Scrum Master (PSM) course is perfect for Scrum Masters and anyone responsible for an effective introduction of the Scrum framework.
The interesting PSM course is a combination of lectures, interactive exercises, assignments and discussions, as well as engaging real-world case studies. Your remote instructor, Gunther Verheyen, is one of the world’s leading Scrum trainers who has extensive hands-on experience of practicing Scrum!
The PSM course introduces the principles and (empirical) process theory underpinning the Scrum framework. These are foundational insights upon which the rules and roles of Scrum are explored and discussed. The focus on the Scrum Master role includes advanced thinking tools for servant-leadership and behavioral shifts, working with people and teams, coaching and facilitation, and scaling Scrum.
Being online, the PSM course is suitable for trainees across the globe… each day starts at 9:00 am CEST (8:00 am GMT) and finishes at 5:00pm CEST (4:00 pm GMT). This makes the course perfect for people across Europe in particular however due to Gunther’s world-wide following it is not uncommon from people around the world to join his courses!
What you will receive:
- Two days of high-quality interactive instruction from a world-leading Scrum coach and best-selling Scrum author, Gunther Verheyen;
- Official course materials;
- Two attempts at the PSM I assessment. Following the course, a password will be provided to the trainee to attempt the PSM I assessment (included in the cost of the course) and, if the trainee takes the aforementioned PSM I assessment within 14 days of the class end, and do not achieve the 85% certification score, they will also get 1 additional free re-attempt;
- Professional Scrum Master I certificate signed by the co-creator of Scrum and founder of Scrum.org; Ken Schwaber (upon completion of the course and passing the official Professional Scrum Master I assessment);
- A voucher for 40% off the PSM II assessment;
- A printed copy of the best-selling Scrum books; Scrum – A Pocket Guide SIGNED by the author (and course trainer) Gunther Verheyen.
Who should attend the Professional Scrum Master (PSM) course?
The training may be interesting to all involved in software development using the Scrum framework, but has been specifically conceived for those responsible within an organization for running or introducing Scrum.
The class targets the people within an organization accountable for getting the most out of Scrum, including Organization leaders, Scrum Masters, managers, and Scrum Team members.
Your Remote Trainer
Gunther Verheyen is a longtime Scrum practitioner (since 2003). After a longstanding career as a consultant, he partnered with Ken Schwaber, co-creator of Scrum, and Director of the Professional Scrum series at Scrum.org (2013-2016). During his time, Gunther redesigned and substantially updated the PSM course material and the PSM assessments.
Gunther is also the author of the acclaimed book Scrum – A Pocket Guide in 2013 (a second edition was published in 2019). Ken Schwaber recommends that book as “…the best description of Scrum currently available” and “extraordinarily competent.”. Several translations of his work are available. In 2020, Gunther published the book “97 Things Every Scrum Practitioner Should Know” with O’Reilly Media.
You can find out more about Gunther at his LinkedIn profile: Click here for LinkedIn profile.