During this cutting-edge two day online training course, you will deepen your understanding of the Scrum framework and the role and accountability of a Product Owner on a Scrum Team, as well as being an Agile product manager within the organization. The Professional Scrum Product Owner course (PSPO course) focuses on the expectation for Product Owners to maximize the value of the work done for a software product, thereby serving customers, users and the organization.
The interesting and engaging two-day PSPO course is a combination of lectures, interactive exercises, assignments and discussions, as well as engaging real-world case studies. Your remote instructor, Gunther Verheyen, is one of the world’s leading Scrum trainers who has extensive hands-on experience of practicing Scrum!
The online PSPO course introduces the principles and (empirical) process theory underpinning the Scrum framework and the Product Owner’s role within it. As Professional Scrum Product Owner you will be able maximize the value of every Sprint and your product. This requires much more than basic knowledge. Our virtual PSPO training provides you with a deep-rooted and systemic insights and skills to excel in the role as a Scrum Team Product Owner.
Being online, the Professional Scrum Product Owner course is suitable for trainees across the globe… each day starts at 9:00 am CET (8:00 am GMT) and finishes at 5:00pm CET (4:00 pm GMT). This makes the course perfect for people across Europe in particular however due to Gunther’s world-wide following it is not uncommon from people around the world to join his PSPO courses!
What you will receive:
- Two days of high-quality interactive Professional Scrum Product Owner instruction from a world-leading Scrum coach and best-selling Scrum author, Gunther Verheyen;
- Official PSPO course materials;
- Two attempts at the PSPO I assessment. Following the course, a password will be provided to the trainee to attempt the PSPO I assessment (included in the cost of the course) and, if the trainee takes the aforementioned PSPO I assessment within 14 days of the class end, and do not achieve the 85% certification score, they will also get 1 additional free re-attempt;
- Professional Scrum Product Owner I certificate signed by the co-creator of Scrum and founder of Scrum.org; Ken Schwaber (upon completion of the course and passing the official Professional Scrum Product Owner I assessment);
- A printed copy of the best-selling Scrum book; Scrum – A Pocket Guide SIGNED by the author (and course trainer) Gunther Verheyen.
Who should attend the Professional Scrum Product Owner course?
This PSPO training may be interesting to all involved in software development upon the Scrum framework, but has been specifically conceived for those responsible over products from a business perspective and taking up the highly accountable role of Scrum Product Owner.
Your Remote Trainer
Gunther Verheyen is a longtime Scrum practitioner (since 2003). After a longstanding career as a consultant, he partnered with Ken Schwaber, co-creator of Scrum, and Director of the Professional Scrum series at Scrum.org (2013-2016). During his time, Gunther redesigned and substantially updated the Scrum.org course material and the Scrum.org assessments.
Gunther is also the author of the acclaimed book Scrum – A Pocket Guide in 2013 (a second edition was published in 2019). Ken Schwaber recommends that book as “…the best description of Scrum currently available” and “extraordinarily competent.”. Several translations of his work are available. In 2020, Gunther published the book “97 Things Every Scrum Practitioner Should Know” with O’Reilly Media.
You can find out more about Gunther at his LinkedIn profile: Click here for LinkedIn profile.