During this cutting-edge two-day online training course, you will deepen your understanding of the Scrum framework and the role and accountability of a Product Owner on a Scrum Team, as well as being an Agile product manager within the organization. The Professional Scrum Product Owner course (PSPO course) focuses on the expectation for Product Owners to maximize the value of the work done for a software product, thereby serving customers, users, and the organization.
The interesting and engaging two-day PSPO course is a combination of lectures, interactive exercises, assignments, and discussions, as well as engaging real-world case studies. Your remote instructor, Gunther Verheyen, is one of the world’s leading Scrum trainers who have extensive hands-on experience in practicing Scrum!
The online PSPO course introduces the principles and (empirical) process theory underpinning the Scrum framework and the Product Owner’s role within it. As a Professional Scrum Product Owner you will be able maximise the value of every Sprint and your product. This requires much more than basic knowledge. Our virtual PSPO training provides you with deep-rooted and systemic insights and skills to excel in the role of a Scrum Team Product Owner.
Being online, the Professional Scrum Product Owner course is suitable for trainees across the globe… the course runs on the 26th and 27th April 2021… each day starts at 9:00 am CET (8:00 am GMT) and finishes at 5:00 pm CET (4:00 pm GMT). This makes the course perfect for people across Europe in particular however due to Gunther’s world-wide following it is not uncommon for people around the world to join his PSPO courses!
What you will receive:
- Two days of high-quality interactive Professional Scrum Product Owner instruction from a world-leading Scrum coach and best-selling Scrum author, Gunther Verheyen;
- Official PSPO course materials;
- Two attempts at the PSPO I assessment. Following the course, a password will be provided to the trainee to attempt the PSPO I assessment (included in the cost of the course) and, if the trainee takes the aforementioned PSPO I assessment within 14 days of the class end, and do not achieve the 85% certification score, they will also get 1 additional free re-attempt;
- Professional Scrum Product Owner I certificate signed by the co-creator of Scrum and founder of Scrum.org; Ken Schwaber (upon completion of the course and passing the official Professional Scrum Product Owner I assessment);
- A printed copy of the best-selling Scrum book; Scrum – A Pocket Guide SIGNED by the author (and course trainer) Gunther Verheyen.
Who should attend the Professional Scrum Product Owner Course?
This PSPO training may be interesting to all involved in software development upon the Scrum framework but has been specifically conceived for those responsible for products from a business perspective and taking up the highly accountable role of Scrum Product Owner.
Your Remote Trainer
Gunther Verheyen is a longtime Scrum practitioner (since 2003). After a longstanding career as a consultant, he partnered with Ken Schwaber, co-creator of Scrum, and Director of the Professional Scrum series at Scrum.org (2013-2016). During his time, Gunther redesigned and substantially updated the Scrum.org course material and the Scrum.org assessments.
Gunther is also the author of the acclaimed book Scrum – A Pocket Guide in 2013 (a second edition was published in 2019). Ken Schwaber recommends that book as “…the best description of Scrum currently available” and “extraordinarily competent.”. Several translations of his work are available. In 2020, Gunther published the book “97 Things Every Scrum Practitioner Should Know” with O’Reilly Media.
You can find out more about Gunther at his LinkedIn profile: Click here for LinkedIn profile.
This Professional Scrum Product Owner course takes place online over two days sing state-of-the-art technology:
- Monday 26th April – 9:00 am to 5:00 pm CET
- Tuesday 27th April – 9:00 am to 5:00 pm CET
Being online and interactive, this PSPO course is specifically designed to cater to trainees across the globe, and particularly across Europe. Indeed, the timing of this course supports trainees attending from, for example; Edinburgh, London, Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin.
Attendance on both days of the course (as listed above) is required.
The course includes regular breaks for comfort and effective learning.
Remote/Online Course Logistics
Gunther limits the use of technology and focuses on increasing learning! However, where required, this remote/online Professional Scrum Product Owner course utilises state-of-the-art technology in order to support communication and learning. The course uses a combination of the Zoom video and audio conferencing platform and Google Jamboard collaboration platform. However, just as in the classroom environment, Gunther uses a physical flipchart for drawing core Scrum concepts.
Upon sign-up of the course, you will be sent a calendar invitation with Zoom video/audio conference details as well as information about Google Jamboard
It is recommended you download the Zoom app onto your PC for the best learning experience.
Professional Scrum Product Owner Course (PSPO Course) Coverage
The Professional Scrum Product Owner course covers:
- The Product Owner in the Scrum framework;
- Agile Product Management;
- Managing Product Backlog;
- Managing releases;
- Value driven development.
Students are challenged to think in terms of Scrum and the Scrum principles to better understand what to do when they return to their workplaces.
- Students will have a clear understanding of the mechanics of Scrum and how the role of the Product Owner fits in;
- Students can act as a Product Owner for Scrum Teams and stakeholders;
- Students can effectively increase the business agility of their organization.
Professional Scrum Product Owner I (PSPO I) Certification and Assessment Details
Attendees who attend the Professional Scrum Product Onwer course, and go on to pass the PSPO I certification assessment will receive:
Professional Scrum Product Owner I (PSPO I) certificate;
Professional Scrum Product Onwer I (PSPO I) Exam Details
- Format: Multiple Choice, Multiple Answer and True/False
- Time Limit: 60 Minutes
- Number of Questions: 80
- Passing score: 85%
- Difficulty: Intermediate
The first and second PSPO I assessment attempts are FREE as they are INCLUDED in the cost of the course. If trainees take the first PSPO I assessment within 14 days of the end of the class, and do not achieve the 85% certification score, they get 1 free re-attempt.
Further PSPO I assessment attempts would cost $150.
Separate note – for wider information only – the PSPO II assessment is $250 however this PSPO course includes one 40% discount on this cost for trainees who might wish to progress further with the Professional Scrum Product Owner certification.
Inclusion in the list of Professional Scrum Certificate Holders
The industry-recognised PSPO certifications require a challenging minimum passing score which ensures the certifications have true value in the marketplace. If you pass the PSPO certification your name will be posted publicly for colleagues, managers, and potential employers to see.
Click here to see the Professional Scrum certification list.
Professional Scrum Product Owner Course (PSPO Course) Prerequisites
Attendees make the most of the online course if they:
- Have studied the Scrum Guide (required). You can find a link to the Scrum Guide here: The Scrum Guide;
- Passed the Scrum Open assessment. You can find a link to the Scrum Open assessment here: Scrum Open Assessment;
- Have a solid understanding of Scrum either through working on a Scrum Team, or through taking part in a Professional Scrum Foundations (PSF) or similar course;
- Have been on, or are closely involved in software or product development endeavours using Scrum.
For remote/online courses, your refund will be processed in the following scenario:
- Cancellation/Postponement By You – You may decide to cancel or postpone your course up to 72 hours before the first day of the remote/online course… no questions asked! You can either opt for alternative course date or ask for a full (100%) refund. The other course date is subject to our schedule and availability is not guaranteed. If we are unable to offer you your desired date, your money will be refunded.
- Cancellation/postponement By Edinburgh Agile – In the very unlikely event that we have to cancel your course, you will entitled to either an alternative course date or a full (100%). In such a scenario, all participants will be informed well in advance via email.
- Last Minute Cancellation or No-shows by You – No refund is offered if you do not contact us 72 hours (or more) in advance, or do not show up on the day, of the workshop. Informing one day before the class is also considered no-show and no refund is offered in such cases.
- Content/Trainer quality – For any of our remote/online training courses, you are offered the first 25% of the duration of the course to review and decide. If you feel that the trainer or training is unable to match up to your expectations regarding quality and delivery, directly notify the trainer by private message and then exit the session. You will be entitled to 100% of your money refuned.
Q. How soon will my refund be processed?
A. Your refund will be processed within 24 hours of your request, from the Edinburgh Agile side. Your bank may take 3-5 days.
Q. Do you contact me when I request a refund?
A. We may contact you to understand your feedback but never to persuade you against the refund.
Q. Can I buy future courses if I asked for a refund now?
A. Of course. There is no reason for not having you in our future courses! You are very welcome to join in any of our future courses!
Q. Will I keep getting the free content and support if I asked for a refund?
A. We won’t segregate or block you if you have asked for a refund. You will still be able to explore our free content, remain a member of our LinkedIn groups, and attend our webinars, offline free/paid events or workshops.