During this cutting-edge two day (spread over four half days) online Professional Scrum with Kanban (PSK) training course, you will learn how to apply Kanban practices to Scrum. The Professional Scrum with Kanban PSK training course offers an interesting and engaging mix of theory, real-life Scrum with Kanban case studies, and a myriad of hands-on exercises, that will help you understand the importance of transparency and flow as it pertains to the Scrum framework.
Our remote trainers are industry leading experts in Professional Scrum with Kanban, and have extensive hands-on experience of practicing Scrum, Kanban and both together!
In this PSK course you will learn how Scrum Teams can introduce additional practices from Kanban while continuing the way they are already working today with Scrum, all without changing Scrum. Indeed, Scrum.org worked with Daniel Vacanti in the creation of this Scrum with Kanban course. In 2007 Daniel helped to develop the Kanban Method for knowledge work. He managed the world’s first project implementation of Kanban that year, and has been conducting Kanban training, coaching, and consulting ever since.
Click here for an overview PDF of the Professional Scrum with Kanban Training Overview.
Being online, the Professional Scrum with Kanban course is suitable for trainees across the globe… each day starts at 17:30 pm UK GMT (18:30 pm CET) and finishes at 21:00 pm UK GMT (22:00 pm CET). This makes this Scrum with Kanban course perfect for people in the UK and across Europe in particular.
What you will receive:
- Two days (over four half days) of high-quality interactive training from a leading Scrum with Kanban trainer;
- Official course materials;
- Two attempts at the Professional Scrum with Kanban I (PSK I) assessment. Following the course, a password will be provided to the trainee to attempt the PSK I assessment (included in the cost of the course) and, if the trainee takes the aforementioned PSK I assessment within 14 days of the class end, and does not achieve the 85% certification score, they will also get 1 additional free re-attempt;
- Professional Scrum with Kanban I certificate signed by the co-creator of Scrum and founder of Scrum.org; Ken Schwaber (upon completion of the course and passing the official Professional Scrum with Kanban I assessment);
- 14 PMI PDU’s credits can be claimed for this Professional Scrum with Kanban course.
Who should attend the Professional Scrum with Kanban (PSK) course?
Our Scrum.org Professional Scrum with Kanban course is for anyone doing Scrum including Scrum Masters and Scrum team members. The training course is particularly beneficial for those people within an organisation who use Scrum to deliver products to market and want to gain a clear understanding of how flow works within the context of Scrum.
This Professional Scrum with Kanban course takes place online over two days using state-of-the-art technology:
- Monday 16th November – 17:30 pm to 21:00 pm UK GMT / 18:30 pm to 22:00 pm CET
- Tuesday 17th November – 17:30 pm to 21:00 pm UK GMT / 18:30 pm to 22:00 pm CET
- Wednesday 18th November – 17:30 pm to 21:00 pm UK GMT / 18:30 pm to 22:00 pm CET
- Thursday 19th November – 17:30 pm to 21:00 pm UK GMT / 18:30 pm to 22:00 pm CET
Being online and interactive, this PSK course is specifically designed to cater for trainees across the globe, and particularly across the UK, Europe and the Americas. Indeed, the timing of this course supports trainees attending from, for example; from Edinburgh, London, Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin, to name just a few locations.
Attendance on all parts of the course (as listed above) is required.
The course includes regular breaks for comfort and effective learning.
Remote/Online Course Logistics
This Professional Scrum with Kanban (PSK) remote/online course utilises state-of-the-art technology in order to support communication and learning. The course uses a combination of the Zoom video and audio conferencing platform and the Mural and Google Jamboard collaboration platforms.
Upon sign-up of the course, you will be sent a calendar invitation with Zoom video/audio conference details as well as information about using Mural and Google Jamboard.
Your Remote Scrum with Kanban Trainer
Martin Hinshelwood is a Professional Scrum Trainer who has been consulting, coaching who has been delivering software since 2000, and training in DevOps and Agility since 2010!
A leading Agile consultant; over the last 10 years Martin has helped organisations including Microsoft, UK Government, Vodafone, Schlumberger, & Kongsberg Digital. He has trained 1000+ people in 37 countries around the world. He trains and coaches Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Development Teams and organisations in their evolution towards Scrum, Kanban, Agile, & DevOps practices.
Professional Scrum with Kanban Course Coverage
The Professional Scrum with Kanban course covers:
- Dispelling Common Myths;
- Understanding Professional Scrum;
- Kanban Theory, Principles and Practices;
- Kanban in Practice;
- Scrum with Kanban.
Students are challenged to think in terms of using Scrum with Kanban to better understand what to do when they return to their workplaces.
- Gain a clear understanding of how flow works within the context of Scrum;
- Be introduced to Kanban practices that Scrum Teams can adopt to help improve their effectiveness and efficiency;
- Understand how to effectively use the appropriate Kanban practices without changing Scrum;
- Learn a practical approach to improving transparency and visibility for their work.
Professional Scrum with Kanban I (PSK I) Course Certification and Assessment Details
Attendees who attend the Professional Scrum with Kanban (PSK) course, and go on to pass the PSK I certification assessment will receive:
Professional Scrum with Kanban (PSK I) certificate;
Professional Scrum with Kanban I (PSK I) Exam Details
Format: Multiple Choice, Multiple Answer and True/False
Time Limit: 60 Minutes
Number of Questions: 45
Passing Score: 85%
The first and second PSK I assessment attempts are FREE as they are INCLUDED in the cost of the Professional Scrum with Kanban course. If trainees take the first PSK I assessment within 14 days of the end of the class, and do not achieve the 85% certification score, they get 1 free re-attempt.
Further PSK I assessment attempts would cost $200.
Inclusion in the list of Professional Scrum Certificate Holders
The industry-recognised PSK certifications require a challenging minimum passing score which ensures the certifications have true value in the marketplace. If you pass the PSK certifications your name will be posted publicly for colleagues, managers, and potential employers to see.
Click here to see the Professional Scrum certification list.
Professional Scrum with Kanban Course Prerequisites
Attendees make the most of the online course if they:
- Have studied the Scrum Guide (required). You can find a link to the Scrum Guide here: The Scrum Guide;
- Passed the Scrum Open assessment. You can find a link to the Scrum Open assessment here: Scrum Open Assessment;
- Have a solid understanding of Scrum either through working on a Scrum Team, or through taking part in a Professional Scrum Foundations (PSF) or Professional Scrum Master (PSM) course (or similar courses);
- Have been on, or are closely involved in software or product development endeavours using Scrum.
For remote/online courses, your refund will be processed in the following scenario:
- Cancellation/Postponement By You – You may decide to cancel or postpone your course up to 72 hours before the first day of the remote/online course… no questions asked! You can either opt for alternative course date or ask for a full (100%) refund. The other course date is subject to our schedule and availability is not guaranteed. If we are unable to offer you your desired date, your money will be refunded.
- Cancellation/postponement By Edinburgh Agile – In the very unlikely event that we have to cancel your course, you will entitled to either an alternative course date or a full (100%). In such a scenario, all participants will be informed well in advance via email.
- Last Minute Cancellation or No-shows by You – No refund is offered if you do not contact us 72 hours (or more) in advance, or do not show up on the day, of the workshop. Informing one day before the class is also considered no-show and no refund is offered in such cases.
- Content/Trainer quality – For any of our remote/online training courses, you are offered the first 25% of the duration of the course to review and decide. If you feel that the trainer or training is unable to match up to your expectations regarding quality and delivery, directly notify the trainer by private message and then exit the session. You will be entitled to 100% of your money refuned.
Q. How soon will my refund be processed?
A. Your refund will be processed within 24 hours of your request, from the Edinburgh Agile side. Your bank may take 3-5 days.
Q. Do you contact me when I request a refund?
A. We may contact you to understand your feedback but never to persuade you against the refund.
Q. Can I buy future courses if I asked for a refund now?
A. Of course. There is no reason for not having you in our future courses! You are very welcome to join in any of our future courses!
Q. Will I keep getting the free content and support if I asked for a refund?
A. We won’t segregate or block you if you have asked for a refund. You will still be able to explore our free content, remain a member of our LinkedIn groups, and attend our webinars, offline free/paid events or workshops.