Join an experienced Scrum Trainer to get an immersive introduction into Scrum foundations… for people wishing to work in a Scrum environment! Our Scrum Foundations Training course will help you build a solid foundation understanding in Scrum, the most popular Agile framework. During this foundation level Scrum foundation course, through a varied mix of both theory and practical exercises, you will be introduced and learn about Scrum theory, roles, events and artifacts, and develop a solid foundation understanding of Scrum and how to use it.
The SFT Scrum training course is a popular choice world-wide for those wishing to start a more Agile journey towards a high-quality and frequent delivery structure. Once you have attended the Scrum Foundations Training and pass the SFT assessment, you will have an understanding of how to help your Scrum Team perform at their highest level; helping them use Scrum and do Scrum. Indeed, through the SFT certification process (the SFT course and SFT exam), you will learn about the Scrum framework and develop a really solid initial understanding of team roles, events, and artifacts.
Being online, the Scrum Foundations Training course is suitable for trainees across the world… the course is on Monday 4th 2021. The course starts at 4:30 pm GMT (5:30 pm CET) and finishes at 8:30 pm GMT (5:30 pm CET).
What you will receive:
- Half day of high-quality interactive Scrum training from a leading Scrum Trainer who has deep hands-on, real-life experience of delivering using Scrum;
- Official course materials;
- Registration for the Scrum Foundations Training (SFT) online assessment;
- Scrum Foundations Training certificate (upon completion of the course and passing the official Scrum Foundations Training online assessment).
Who should attend the Scrum Foundations Training course?
Edinburgh Agile’s SFT course is suitable for everyone who is about to start using Scrum. Therefore developers, testers, analysts, designers, project managers, product managers etc. will all benefit from the Scrum Foundations Training course… just about anyone involved in product delivery can obtain value.
People on the Scrum Team is the focus of the online Scrum training course however, however this Scrum training is also suitable for other people, such as managers, in a Scrum based organsiation who would like an introduction to Scrum.
This Scrum Foundations Training course (SFT course) takes place online over one half day:
- Monday 4th January – 4:30 pm GMT (5:30 pm CET) to 8:30 pm GMT (9:30 pm CET)
The course includes regular breaks for comfort and effective learning.
Remote/Online Course Logistics
All the remote/online SFT courses are simple to attend from anywhere in the world. We use Zoom.
You just need access laptop/PC with a stable internet connection, audio/video and microphone capabilities.
Upon sign-up of the course, you will be sent a calendar invitation with Zoom video/audio conference details.
It is recommended you download the Zoom app onto your PC for best learning experience.
Your Scrum Foundations Training (SFT) Course Trainer
Paul Beckett is an Agile consultant with significant hands-on experience of Scrum and other Agile disciplines. He was trained by Jeff Sutherland (the co-creator of Scrum and creator of Scrum@Scale) and other leading Scrum trainers/authors including Geoff Watts, Mike Cohn and Gunther Verheyen.
Paul is also the author/visualiser of The Sketchy Guide to Scrum. Click here to view The Sketchy Guide to Scrum.
You can find out more about Paul at his LinkedIn profile: Click here for LinkedIn profile.
Scrum Foundations Training (SFT) Course Coverage
The Scrum Foundations Training course covers the following topics:
- General Agile and Scrum Awareness
- Agile Manifesto
- Empirical vs Predictive Process
- Scrum Process and Sprints
- Applicability of Scrum
- Scrum Roles
- The Team (Developers)
- Scrum Master
- The Product Owner
- Scrum Events
- Sprint Planning
- Daily Scrum
- Sprint Review
- Sprint Retrospective
- The Sprint
- Scrum Artifacts
- Product Backlog
- Sprint Backlog
- Product Increment
Scrum Foundations Training (SFT) Assessment and Certification Details
Attendees who attend the Scrum Foundations Training course, and go on to pass the SFT certification assessment will receive:
Scrum Foundations Training certificate (SFT);
Scrum Foundations Training (SFT) Assessment Details
Format: Multiple Choice and True/False
Time Limit: 60 Minutes
Number of Questions: 50
Passing Score: 85% (43 correct answers)
The first, second and third SFT assessment attempts are FREE as they are INCLUDED in the cost of the Scrum Foundations Training course (SFT course). If you take the first SFT assessment within 30 days of the end of the SFT class, and do not achieve the 85% certification score, you will get 2 free re-attempts.
In the unlikely event that you were to fail the SFT exam threes time you will be required to pay a £30 exam fee to Edinburgh Agile before resitting the SFT exam again. Edinburgh Agile recommends that anyone who fails three times, re-take the SFT course before attempting the exam a fourth time (retaking the SFT course is not included in the cost of this course).
Scrum Foundation Training (SFT) Course Prerequisites
There are no experience prerequisites for the online Scrum Foundations Training course and anyone can attend.
A very basic awareness of Agile and Scrum may help, but is NOT essential for this course as it is intended as an introduction to Scrum and Agility.
Attendees make the most of this introductory Scrum training course if they:
- Have read the Scrum Guide. You can find a link to the Scrum Guide here: The Scrum Guide;
- Have read the Agile Manifesto. You can find a link to the Agile Manifesto here: The Agile Manifesto;
- Have read the Principles behind the Agile Manifesto. You can find a link to the Principles befind the Agile Manifesto here: The Principles behind the Agile Manifesto;
- Have looked at The Sketchy Guide to Scrum. You can find a link to the visual Scrum learning guide here: The Sketchy Guide to Scrum;
- Have been on, or are closely involved in software or product development endeavors.
For remote/online courses, your refund will be processed in the following scenario:
- Cancellation/Postponement By You – You may decide to cancel or postpone your course up to 72 hours before the first day of the remote/online course… no questions asked! You can either opt for alternative course date or ask for a full (100%) refund. The other course date is subject to our schedule and availability is not guaranteed. If we are unable to offer you your desired date, your money will be refunded.
- Cancellation/postponement By Edinburgh Agile – In the very unlikely event that we have to cancel your course, you will entitled to either an alternative course date or a full (100%). In such a scenario, all participants will be informed well in advance via email.
- Last Minute Cancellation or No-shows by You – No refund is offered if you do not contact us 72 hours (or more) in advance, or do not show up on the day, of the workshop. Informing one day before the class is also considered no-show and no refund is offered in such cases.
- Content/Trainer quality – For any of our remote/online training courses, you are offered the first 25% of the duration of the course to review and decide. If you feel that the trainer or training is unable to match up to your expectations regarding quality and delivery, directly notify the trainer by private message and then exit the session. You will be entitled to 100% of your money refuned.
Q. How soon will my refund be processed?
A. Your refund will be processed within 24 hours of your request, from the Edinburgh Agile side. Your bank may take 3-5 days.
Q. Do you contact me when I request a refund?
A. We may contact you to understand your feedback but never to persuade you against the refund.
Q. Can I buy future courses if I asked for a refund now?
A. Of course. There is no reason for not having you in our future courses! You are very welcome to join in any of our future courses!
Q. Will I keep getting the free content and support if I asked for a refund?
A. We won’t segregate or block you if you have asked for a refund. You will still be able to explore our free content, remain a member of our LinkedIn groups, and attend our webinars, offline free/paid events or workshops.