Implementing SAFe Course Overview
During this two day (14 hours) Implementing SAFe® with SPC Certification course, attendees will learn how to lead a Lean-Agile transformation by leveraging the practices and principles of the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®) and the seven core competencies of the Lean Enterprise. Attendees gain insights and practice how to coach programs, launch Agile Release Trains, build a Continuous Delivery Pipeline with DevOps culture, and empower a Lean Portfolio.
Our SAFe SPC courses focus on what it takes to implement SAFe in the enterprise. Certifying as a SAFe Program Consultant (SPC), and becoming a change agent, enables attendees to coach and guide the enterprise to succeed in a disruptive marketplace and empower them to implement a Lean-Agile SAFe transformation.
Furthermore, attendees on the SAFe SPC course will learn about the change agent who leads all levels of an organization through a Lean-Agile transformation at scale by training, coaching, facilitating, and mentoring. This servant-leader plays a critical role by applying expert knowledge of SAFe.
Join Edinburgh Agile, one of the world’s leading Agility consultancies on our Implementing SAFe course with SPC Certification online and in classrooms across the world!
Book Implementing SAFe Courses
Implementing SAFe Course with SPC Certification Overview
The SAFe SPC course leaves trainees more knowledgeable and confident in key areas of Scaled Agile Framework Lean-Agile delivery:
- Lead an enterprise Lean-Agile transformation;
- Implement the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe);
- Empower with a Lean Portfolio;
- Align the organization to a common language and way of working;
- Perform Value Stream identification;
- Launch and support Agile Release Trains, and coordinate Large Solutions;
- Build and execute an implementation rollout strategy;
- Configure the Framework for a specific enterprise context;
- Train managers and executives in Leading SAFe;
- Continue their learning journey and become enabled to train other SAFe roles in the enterprise;
Key areas of competency:
- Design a SAFe implementation;
- Develop an enterprise transformation plan;
- Extend the Lean-Agile portfolio by launching additional ARTs;
- Assist an organization with change management practices;
- Train and coach an enterprise through a SAFe transformation.
Trainees on the SAFe SPC course are developed to understand how to perform the role of a high-performing Agile Program Consultant (SPC) who is a change agent that leads all levels of an organisation through a Lean-Agile transformation at scale. This includes the coverage of the following course topics:
- Reaching the SAFe Tipping Point;
- Designing the Implementation;
- Launching an ART;
- Coaching ART Execution;
- Extending to the Portfolio;
- Sustaining and Improving;
- Becoming a SAFe 5 Program Consultant (SPC).
Implementing SAFe (SPC) Certification
All participants completing the SAFe SPC course will receive access to attempt the SAFe Practitioner certification assessment. SAFe SPC course participants who attempt the SP assessment within 30 days of receiving their access will do so at no extra cost.
Attendees who attend the SAFe for Teams course and go on to pass the SP certification assessment will receive:
- SAFe SPC course certificate of attendance/completion;
- Certified SAFe Practitioner certificate.
Implementing SAFe Course with SPC Certification Audience
The SAFe SPC course is especially suitable for people who want to become aware of Lean-Agile enterprise-level transformation, and/or who are, or want to work effectively in a Scaled Agile Framework based organisation. The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Executives and Leaders, Managers, and Directors;
- Scrum Masters, Consultants, and Agile Coaches;
- Business Analyst, Program and Project Managers;
- Release Train Engineers;
- Product and Product Line Management.
Book Implementing SAFe Courses
SAFe SPC Course FAQs
SAFe SPC (Certified SAFe Program Consultant course) is a 2-day advanced level Scaled Agile Framework training course that trains attendees on being the change agent who leads all levels of an organisation through a Lean-Agile transformation at scale by training, coaching, facilitating, and mentoring.
In order to obtain SAFe SPC certification, you need to pass the Scaled Agile Framework SPC assessment. The SAFe SPC assessment is available to take an online exam for anyone who attends the SAFe SPC training course. The initial SAFe SPC exam attempt is included as part of the SAFe SPC course registration fee if the SPC exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each SPC exam retake attempt costs $250.
The SAFe Program Consultant certification exam is certainly challenging and requires a good awareness of the foundations of Scaled Agile Framework. This awareness is acquired through attendance on the SAFe SPC training course.
Edinburgh Agile’s SAFe SPC courses range from £695 to £1195 depending on the format, trainer, location, and other variables. For more information about our SAFe SPC courses click here.
Yes, the Scaled Agile Framework SAFe Program Consultant certification (SAFe SPC certification) requires a renewal after one year.
The SAFe training curriculum has many certifications, and each course is tailored to the learner’s Professional needs and learning goals. The certification courses are:
– A Scrum Master can take SAFe Scrum Master (SSM) and then SAFe Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) course;
– The Agile team members can take the SAFe for Teams (SP) course;
– The Release Train Engineers can take the SAFe Release Train Engineer (RTE) course;
– The Product Owner / Product Manager can take the SAFe Product Owner / Product Manager (POPM) course;
– The DevOps Practitioners can take the SAFe DevOps (SDP) course;
and so on.
Implementing SAFe Exam Details
The online SAFe SPC exam is of multiple-choice format. The candidate has to answer 60 questions within a duration of 120 minutes (2 hours). The exam has to be completed in one go, and the passing score is 75%. The initial course registration fee includes the first SAFe SPC exam attempt fees if the exam is taken within 30 days of SAFe SPC course completion. Each retake attempt will cost $250. The second attempt on the exam (first retake) can be done immediately after the first attempt. The third attempt requires a 10-day wait. The fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.
The SAFe Program Consultant exam is designed to evaluate the knowledge and skill related to the job role. There are a variety of resources available to prepare for the exam after and before you have been on the SAFe SPC course. The course materials can be downloaded from the SAFe community platform, and you get access to a comprehensive study guide that details all the Scaled Agile Framework job roles and all resources related to the exam. Access to it is available through the Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform upon course completion.
After the SAFe SPC course, trainees can take the practice SAFe Program Consultant test before appearing for the actual exam. This is again part of the Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform. The practice test can be taken an unlimited number of times at no cost. However, this doesn’t guarantee success on the final exam and can be used to assess the knowledge and gain confidence before appearing in the actual exam.
The certification includes:
- Certified SAFe® Program Consultant PDF certificate;
- Certified SAFe® Program Consultant digital badge to promote your accomplishment online;
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform, which includes access to the SA Community of Practice;
- Access to Meetup groups and events that connect you with other SAFe certified professionals;
- A variety of learning resources to support you during your SAFe journey.
Implementing SAFe Course Prerequisites
- 5+ years of experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product, or project management;
- 3+ years of experience in Agile;
- One or more relevant Agile certifications;
- Edinburgh Agile recommends the Leading SAFe course as a perfect introduction to SAFe and exploring other SAFe courses.
More Scaled Agile Framework Courses / SAFe Courses
SAFe Release Train Engineer with RTE Certification
During the SAFe RTE course you will gain in-depth understanding of the RTE role and responsibilities in a SAFe enterprise. Through experiential learning, you will examine the SAFe RTE role and learn how to facilitate ART processes and execution, coach leaders, teams, and SAFe Scrum Masters in new processes and mindsets. Explore how to prepare, plan, and execute a SAFe Program Increment (PI) planning event, the primary enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organization. Learn more about our SAFe Release Train Engineer courses.
SAFe Scrum Master with SSM Certification
The SAFe SSM training course is for Scrum Masters learning about their role in a SAFe enterprise context. In the SAFe Scrum Master course you will learn to facilitate Team and Program Level events for successful program execution, explore Scrum in the context of. Learn more about our SAFe SSM courses.
The Sketchy Guide to Scrum
Edinburgh Agile are very proud to support The Sketchy Guide to Scrum … a treat for any Agilist interested in learning more about Scrum.
Read the guide for free at: The Sketchy Guide to Scrum
Why Train with Edinburgh Agile?
Edinburgh Agile trainers have years of real-life working and teaching experience. Learn from practitioners, not just from theorists.
We offer the most competitive Agile training prices in the UK, Europe, USA and across the globe.
Trusted & Approved
All our trainers are approved/certified by the organisations and bodies they are training for.
Get in Touch
Copyright Edinburgh Agile – All rights reserved.