SCRUMstudy™ Scrum Master Certified (SMC®) Course Overview
People who attend or undertake the SCRUMstudy Scrum Master Certified (SMC) course will begin to develop a practical, working knowledge of Scrum; which will equip them to implement and work in a Scrum environment.
The purpose of the Scrum Master Certified (SMC) course and certified exam is to prepare and confirm that trainees have developed sufficient understanding of how to apply Scrum in their organisation and projects, and how to tailor Scrum in a particular scenario.
SMC course attendees develop skills and knowledge to help them become Scrum facilitators; who ensure that the Scrum Team is provided with an environment conducive to completing the project successfully.
A SCRUMstudy Scrum Master (SMC) professional guides, facilitates,
and teaches Scrum practices to everyone involved in the project; clears impediments for the Scrum team; and, ensures that Scrum processes are being followed.
Join Edinburgh Agile, one of the world’s leading Agility consultancies on our SCRUMstudy Scrum Certified courses with live online, online on-demand, and in classrooms across the world!
Book SCRUMstudy Scrum Master Certified Courses
SCRUMstudy Scrum Master Certified Overview
The Scrum Master Certified training course leaves trainees more knowledgeable and confident in five areas of Scrum:
- Agile awareness;
- Scrum Awareness;
- Scrum Roles;
- Scrum Phases (note – this is based on the SBOK Guide and concepts differ from The Scrum Guide);
- Scaling Guide
Trainees on the Scrum Master Certified course will be pushed to think learn about the foundations of Scrum and the Scrum principles to better understand what to do when they return to their workplaces. The objectives are:
- Be understand and be able to explain Agile method and how Scrum relates to Agile;
- Be aware and be able to explain how Scrum differs from traditional Project Management methods;
- Learn and be able to explain the six principles and fix aspects that underpin a Scrum delivery and how they apply throughout the life of a delivery;
- Understand and be able to describe the responsibilities of core Scrum team roles, as well as non-core team roles;
- Understand and describe how to work effectively as a team through understanding of the roles, tools and techniques;
- Be able to facilitate Scrum events (i.e. Sprint Planning, Daily Stand-ups, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective);
- Be able to understand and use information radiators such as Burndown Charts and Scrumboards for risk management and decision-making;
- Be able to Identify the team and/or organisation’s position in Scrum maturity as well as what the next steps are for implementation of Scrum.
SCRUMstudy Scrum Master Certified Certification
All participants completing the SCRUMstudy Scrum Master Certified course will receive access to attempt theScrum Master Certified (SMC) certification assessment.
Attendees who attend or undertake the Scrum Master Certified (SMC) course, and go on to pass the SMC certification assessment will receive:
Scrum Master Certified (SMC) certificate;
Inclusion in the list of Professional Scrum Certificate Holders
The SCRUMstudy SMC certifications require explicit learning and develop which ensures the certifications have value in the Agile marketplace. If you pass the SMC certification your name will be posted publicly for colleagues, managers, and potential employers to see.
SCRUMstudy Scrum Master Certified Course Audience
The SCRUMstudy Scrum Master Certified course and certification is appropriate for anyone who is interested in working as a Scrum Master is already a Scrum Master in his or her organization. Typical attendees on the SMC course include:
- People who are new to, or have just about to become Scrum Masters, having previously carried out roles such as Project Manager;
- Experienced Scrum Masters who want to get an insight into the SBOK Guide (which the SMC course is based on);
- Programme managers, portfolio managers, delivery managers, heads of departments, and other senior leadership who need to learn how to support their Scrum teams;
- People who work with clients that have requested a Scrum approach, and as a consequence want understand what Scrum is, and what it really means.
Book SCRUMstudy Scrum Master Certified Courses
SCRUMstudy Scrum Master Certified Course FAQs
SCRUMstudy is an organisation that offers global accreditation for Scrum and Agile certifications. It has authored the SBOK Guide as a comprehensive guide to deliver successful projects using Scrum. It should be noted that SBOK Guide deviates from some of the core concepts in The Scrum Guide.
The SCRUMstudy Scrum Master Certified course (SMC course) is a multi format Scrum Master training course that trains you on the principles and theory of Scrum and teaches the role of the Scrum Master. It is based on the content of the SBOK Guide. The SMC course is available in the following formats: 1) on-demand e-learning videos and interactive features, 2) live-online classroom featuring a combination of instruction and team-based exercises, and 3) physical classroom featuring a combination of instruction and team-based exercises.
People with SMC certification are individuals that have been awarded the Scrum Master Certified (SMC) certification by SCRUMstudy™ after attending or undertaking a SMC course and subsequently passing the SMC certification exam.
In order to achieve SCM certification, you need to attend the SMC course and then pass the SCM online assessment.
The SMC exam is generally easy to pass (in comparison to the other Scrum exams) because you will have attended a SMC training course prior to taking the exam.
Our SCRUMstudy SMC courses range from £350 to £795 depending on the format, trainer, location and other variables. For more information about our SMC courses click here.
Yes, the Scrum Master Certified (SMC) certification requires a renewal within three calendar years of its issue date. This is because SCRUMstudy feel that as the world of Scrum and Agility is maturing and evolving, it is important for Scrum and Agile practitioners to be abreast of current and latest ideas in the field.
A SMC certified holder can renew his/her certificate in the following ways:
1. Recertification course and examination: A recertification course is not as extensive as the orginal SMC course and the exam consists of only half the exam questions. A trainee can pass the SMC recertification exam with just a few hours of study. SCRUMstudy states that a trainee passing the recertification exam implies that the trainee has reviewed and understood any updated or new ideas/concepts from the SBOK Guide. As such, all previous SCRUMstudy certifications of the trainee get renewed for 3 years from the date of passing the recertification exam.
2. Any other SCRUMstudy certification examination: A trainee passing any other SCRUMstudy certification exam implies that he/she has reviewed the latest concepts from the SBOK™ Guide and fulfills the criteria for maintaining certification.
More SCRUMstudy Courses
The SCRUMstudy SPOC course and certification is for anyone who interfaces with stakeholders or works as a Product Owner in a Scrum Team. Learn more about our SPOC courses.
The Sketchy Guide to Scrum
Edinburgh Agile are very proud to support The Sketchy Guide to Scrum … a treat for any Agilist interested in learning more about Scrum.
Read the guide for free at: The Sketchy Guide to Scrum
Why Train with Edinburgh Agile?
Edinburgh Agile trainers have years of real-life working and teaching experience. Learn from practitioners, not just from theorists.
We offer the most competitive Agile training prices in the UK, Europe, USA and across the globe.
Trusted & Approved
All our trainers are approved/certified by the organisations and bodies they are training for.
Get in Touch
Copyright Edinburgh Agile – All rights reserved.