SAFe Scrum Master Course Overview
During this two day (14 hours) SAFe® Scrum Master with SSM Certification course, attendees will learn on the fundamentals of the team-level scrum, the SAFe Scrum Master course explores the role of the Scrum Master in the context of the entire enterprise, and prepares attendees to successfully plan and execute the Program Increment (PI), the primary enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organization. This includes learning the key components of Agile at scale development, how Scrum is facilitated throughout the enterprise, and how to execute Iteration Planning.
Our SAFe SSM courses help to discover how to build high performing Agile teams by becoming a servant leader and coach, and how to coach those teams to deliver the maximum business value at scale.
Furthermore, attendees on the SAFe SSM course will learn about how to perform the role of Scrum Master in a SAFe environment, increasing their value to teams and organizations that are implementing SAFe.
Join Edinburgh Agile, one of the world’s leading Agility consultancies on our Implementing SAFe course with SSM Certification online and in classrooms across the world!
Book SAFe Scrum Master Courses
SAFe Scrum Master Course with SSM Certification Overview
The SAFe SSM course leaves trainees more knowledgeable and confident in key areas of Scaled Agile Framework Lean-Agile delivery:
- Describe Scrum in a SAFe enterprise;
- Facilitate Scrum events;
- Facilitate effective Iteration execution;
- Support effective Program Increment execution;
- Support relentless improvement;
- Coach Agile teams for maximum business results;
- Support DevOps implementation.
Trainees on the SAFe SSM course are developed to understand how to perform the role of a high-performing Scrum Master (SSM) who is a change agent that leads all levels of an organisation through a Lean-Agile transformation at scale. This includes the coverage of the following course topics:
- Introducing Scrum in SAFe;
- Characterizing the role of the Scrum Master;
- Experiencing Program Increment planning;
- Facilitating Iteration execution;
- Finishing the Program Increment;
- Coaching the Agile team.
SAFe Scrum Master (SSM) Certification
All participants completing the SAFe SSM course will receive access to attempt the SAFe Scrum Master certification assessment. SAFe SSM course participants who attempt the SSM assessment within 30 days of receiving their access will do so at no extra cost.
Attendees who attend the SAFe Scrum Master course and go on to pass the SSM certification assessment will receive:
- SAFe SSM course certificate of attendance/completion;
- Certified SAFe Scrum Master certificate.
SAFe Scrum Master Course with SSM Certification Audience
The SAFe SSM course is especially suitable for people who want to become aware of Scrum practices at a team level and engage in Agile organisational transformation, and/or who are, or want to work effectively in a Scaled Agile Framework based organisation. The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Executives and Leaders, Managers, and Directors;
- Scrum Masters, Consultants, and Agile Coaches;
- Business Analyst, Program and Project Managers;
- Release Train Engineers;
- Product and Product Line Management;
- Delivery Managers, QAs, and Architects.
Book SAFe Scrum Master Courses
SAFe SSM Course FAQs
SAFe SSM (Certified SAFe Scrum Master course) is a 2-day intermediate level Scaled Agile Framework training course that trains attendees on being the change agent who leads all levels of an organisation through a Lean-Agile transformation at scale by training, coaching, facilitating, and mentoring.
In order to obtain SAFe SSM certification, you need to pass the Scaled Agile Framework SSM assessment. The SAFe SSM assessment is available to take an online exam for anyone who attends the SAFe SSM training course. The initial SAFe SSM exam attempt is included as part of the SAFe SSM course registration fee if the SSM exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each SSM exam retake attempt costs $50.
The SAFe Scrum Master certification exam is certainly challenging and requires a good awareness of the foundations of Scaled Agile Framework. This awareness is acquired through attendance on the SAFe SSM training course.
Edinburgh Agile’s SAFe SSM courses range from £695 to £1195 depending on the format, trainer, location, and other variables. For more information about our SAFe SSM courses click here.
Yes, the Scaled Agile Framework SAFe Scrum Master certification (SAFe SSM certification) requires renewal after one year.
The SAFe training curriculum has many certifications, and each course is tailored to the learner’s Professional needs and learning goals. The certification courses are:
– A Scrum Master after completing the SAFe Scrum Master (SSM) can take SAFe Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) course;
– The Agile team members can take the SAFe for Teams (SP) course;
– The Release Train Engineers can take the SAFe Release Train Engineer (RTE) course;
– The Product Owner / Product Manager can take the SAFe Product Owner / Product Manager (POPM) course;
– The DevOps Practitioners can take the SAFe DevOps (SDP) course;
and so on.
SAFe Scrum Master Exam Details
The online SAFe SSM exam is of multiple-choice format. The candidate has to answer 45 questions within a duration of 90 minutes (1.5 hours). The exam has to be completed in one go, and the passing score is 75%. The initial course registration fee includes the first SAFe SSM exam attempt fees if the exam is taken within 30 days of SAFe SSM course completion. Each retake attempt will cost $50. The second attempt on the exam (first retake) can be done immediately after the first attempt. The third attempt requires a 10-day wait. The fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.
The SAFe SSM exam is designed to evaluate the knowledge and skill related to the job role. There are a variety of resources available to prepare for the exam after and before you have been on the SAFe SSM course. The course materials can be downloaded from the SAFe community platform, and you get access to a comprehensive study guide that details all the Scaled Agile Framework job roles and all resources related to the exam. Access to it is available through the Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform upon course completion.
After the SAFe SSM course, trainees can take the practice SAFe Scrum Master test before appearing for the actual exam. This is again part of the Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform. The practice test can be taken an unlimited number of times at no cost. However, this doesn’t guarantee success on the final exam and can be used to assess the knowledge and gain confidence before appearing in the actual exam.
The certification includes:
- Certified SAFe® Scrum Master PDF certificate;
- Certified SAFe® Scrum Master digital badge to promote your accomplishment online;
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform, which includes access to the SA Community of Practice;
- Access to Meetup groups and events that connect you with other SAFe certified professionals;
- A variety of learning resources to support you during your SAFe journey.
SAFe Scrum Master Course Prerequisites
- Familiarity with Agile concepts and principles;
- Awareness of Scrum, Kanban, and eXtreme Programming (XP);
- Working knowledge of software and hardware development processes;
- Edinburgh Agile recommends the Leading SAFe course as a perfect introduction to SAFe and exploring other SAFe courses.
More Scaled Agile Framework Courses / SAFe Courses
SAFe Release Train Engineer with RTE Certification
During the SAFe RTE course you will gain in-depth understanding of the RTE role and responsibilities in a SAFe enterprise. Through experiential learning, you will examine the SAFe RTE role and learn how to facilitate ART processes and execution, coach leaders, teams, and SAFe Scrum Masters in new processes and mindsets. Explore how to prepare, plan, and execute a SAFe Program Increment (PI) planning event, the primary enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organization. Learn more about our SAFe Release Train Engineer courses.
SAFe Scrum Master with SSM Certification
The SAFe SSM training course is for Scrum Masters learning about their role in a SAFe enterprise context. In the SAFe Scrum Master course you will learn to facilitate Team and Program Level events for successful program execution, explore Scrum in the context of. Learn more about our SAFe SSM courses.
The Sketchy Guide to Scrum
Edinburgh Agile are very proud to support The Sketchy Guide to Scrum … a treat for any Agilist interested in learning more about Scrum.
Read the guide for free at: The Sketchy Guide to Scrum
Why Train with Edinburgh Agile?
Edinburgh Agile trainers have years of real-life working and teaching experience. Learn from practitioners, not just from theorists.
We offer the most competitive Agile training prices in the UK, Europe, USA and across the globe.
Trusted & Approved
All our trainers are approved/certified by the organisations and bodies they are training for.
Get in Touch
Copyright Edinburgh Agile – All rights reserved.