SAFe Product Owner / Product Manager Course Overview
During this 2 day (14 hour) SAFe® Product Owner / Product Manager (POPM) course, attendees will develop the knowledge and skillsets needed to guide the delivery of value in a Lean-Agile enterprise and become a Scaled Agile Framework® Product Owner or Product Manager. Attendees on the POPM course will gain an in-depth understanding of how to effectively perform their role in the Agile Release Train (ART) as it delivers value through Program Increments.
Furthermore, course attendees will explore how to apply Lean thinking to decompose Epics into Features and Stories, refine Features and Stories, manage Program and Team backlogs, and to plan and execute Iterations and Program Increments.
POPM course attendees also discover how the Continuous Delivery Pipeline and DevOps culture contribute to the relentless improvement of the ART. They will develop a Product Owner skillset, and mindset, that’s in demand worldwide — and be able with customers and development organizations to identify and prioritize requirements succeed in a disruptive marketplace — when they become a SAFe Product Owner / Product Manager (POPM).
SAFe Product Owner / Product Manager Course with POPM Certification Overview
The SAFe Product Owner / Product Manager course leaves trainees more knowledgeable and confident in five key areas of Scaled Agile Framework Lean-Agile delivery:
- Articulate the Product Owner and Product Manager role;
- Connect SAFe Lean-Agile principles and values to the PO/PM roles;
- Decompose Epics into Features and decompose Features into Stories;
- Refine Features into Stories;
- Manage Program and Team backlogs;
- Collaborate with Agile teams in estimating and forecasting work;
- Represent Customer needs in Program Increment Planning;
- Execute the Program Increment and deliver continuous value.
Key areas of competency:
- Apply Lean-Agile Mindset and SAFe Principles and practices;
- Identify customer needs;
- Write Epics, Capabilities, Features, and Stories;
- Prioritize work to deliver value to the enterprise.
Trainees on the SAFe Product Owner / Product Manager course are developed to understand how to effectively perform their role in the Agile Release Train (ART) as it delivers value through Program Increments. This includes the coverage of the following course topics:
- Becoming a Product Owner/Product Manager in the SAFe enterprise;
- Preparing for PI Planning;
- Leading PI Planning;
- Executing Iterations;
- Executing the PI;
- Becoming a Certified SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager.
SAFe Product Owner / Product Manager (POPM) Certification
All participants completing the SAFe Product Owner / Product Manager course will receive access to attempt the SAFe POPM certification assessment. SAFe Product Owner / Product Manager course participants who attempt the POPM assessment within 30 days of receiving their access will do so at no extra cost.
Attendees who attend the SAFe Product Owner / Product Manager course and go on to pass the POPM certification assessment will receive:
- SAFe Product Owner / Product Manager course certificate of attendance/completion;
- Certified SAFe Product Owner / Product Manager certificate.
SAFe Product Owner / Product Manager with POPM Certification Audience
The SAFe Product Owner / Product Manager course is especially suitable for people who want to become aware of Lean-Agile enterprise development, and/or who are, or want to work effectively in a Scaled Agile Framework based organisation. The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Leaders and Executives, CTO, Directors, and VP;
- Business Analyst, Program and Project Manager;
- Release Train Engineers and Solution Train Engineers;
- Product and Product Line Management;
- Portfolio Managers, PMO, and Process Leads;
- Enterprise, System, and Solution Architects.
Book SAFe Product Owner / Product Manager (POPM) Courses
SAFe Product Owner / Product Manager Course FAQs
SAFe Product Owner / Product Manager (Certified SAFe Product Owner / Product Manager course) is a 2-day Foundational level Scaled Agile Framework training course that trains attendees who work with customers and development organizations to identify and prioritize requirements.
In order to obtain SAFe POPM certification, you need to pass the Scaled Agile Framework POPM assessment. The SAFe Product Owner / Product Manager (POPM) assessment is available to take an online exam for anyone who attends the SAFe Product Owner / Product Manager training course. The initial SAFe POPM exam attempt is included as part of the SAFe POPM course registration fee if the POPM exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each POPM exam retake attempt costs $50.
The SAFe Product Owner / Product Manager certification exam is certainly challenging and requires a good awareness of the foundations of Scaled Agile Framework. This awareness is acquired through attendance on the SAFe POPM training course.
Edinburgh Agile’s SAFe Product Owner / Product Manager courses range from £695 to £1195 depending on the format, trainer, location, and other variables. For more information about our SAFe Product Owner / Product Manager courses click here.
Yes, the Scaled Agile Framework SAFe Product Owner / Product Manager certification (SAFe POPM certification) requires renewal after one year.
The SAFe training curriculum has many certifications, and each course is tailored to the learner’s Professional needs and learning goals. After completing Leading SAFe course and certification:
– A Scrum Master can take SAFe Scrum Master (SSM) and then SAFe Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) course;
– Agile consultants and change-agents can take the Implementing SAFe (SPC) course;
– The Release Train Engineers can take the SAFe Release Train Engineer (RTE) course;
– The DevOps Practitioners can take the SAFe DevOps (SDP) course;
and so on.
SAFe Product Owner / Product Manager Exam Details
The online SAFe Product Owner / Product Manager exam is of multiple-choice format. The candidate has to answer 45 questions within a duration of 90 minutes (1.5 hours). The exam has to be completed in one go, and the passing score is 77%. The initial course registration fee includes the first SAFe Product Owner / Product Manager exam attempt fees if the exam is taken within 30 days of SAFe POPM course completion. Each retake attempt will cost $50. The second attempt on the exam (first retake) can be done immediately after the first attempt. The third attempt requires a 10-day wait. The fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.
The SAFe Product Owner / Product Manager exam is designed to evaluate the knowledge and skill related to the job role. There are a variety of resources available to prepare for the exam after and before you have been on the SAFe POPM course. The course materials can be downloaded from the SAFe community platform, and you get access to a comprehensive study guide that details all the Scaled Agile Framework job roles and all resources related to the exam. Access to it is available through the Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform upon course completion.
After the SAFe Product Owner / Product Manager course, trainees can take the practice SAFe POPM test before appearing for the actual exam. This is again part of the Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform. The practice test can be taken an unlimited number of times at no cost. However, this doesn’t guarantee success on the final exam and can be used to assess the knowledge and gain confidence before appearing in the actual exam.
The certification includes:
- Certified SAFe® Product Owner / Product Manager PDF certificate;
- Certified SAFe® Product Owner / Product Manager digital badge to promote your accomplishment online;
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform, which includes access to the SA Community of Practice;
- Access to Meetup groups and events that connect you with other SAFe certified professionals;
- A variety of learning resources to support you during your SAFe journey.
Leading SAFe Course Prerequisites
- Experience working in a SAFe environment;
- Experience with Lean, Agile, or other relevant certifications;
- Edinburgh Agile recommends the Leading SAFe course as a perfect introduction to SAFe and exploring other SAFe courses.
More Scaled Agile Framework Courses / SAFe Courses
SAFe Release Train Engineer with RTE Certification
During the SAFe RTE course, you will gain an in-depth understanding of the RTE role and responsibilities in a SAFe enterprise. Through experiential learning, you will examine the SAFe RTE role and learn how to facilitate ART processes and execution, coach leaders, teams, and SAFe Scrum Masters in new processes and mindsets. Explore how to prepare, plan, and execute a SAFe Program Increment (PI) planning event, the primary enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organization. Learn more about our SAFe Release Train Engineer courses.
SAFe Scrum Master with SSM Certification
The SAFe SSM training course is for Scrum Masters learning about their role in a SAFe enterprise context. In the SAFe Scrum Master course you will learn to facilitate Team and Program Level events for successful program execution, explore Scrum in the context of. Learn more about our SAFe SSM courses.
The Sketchy Guide to Scrum
Edinburgh Agile are very proud to support The Sketchy Guide to Scrum … a treat for any Agilist interested in learning more about Scrum.
Read the guide for free at: The Sketchy Guide to Scrum
Why Train with Edinburgh Agile?
Expert Agile Training
Edinburgh Agile trainers have years of real-life working and teaching experience. Learn from practitioners, not just from theorists.
We offer the most competitive Agile training prices in the UK, Europe, USA and across the globe!
Trusted & Approved
All our Agile trainers are approved/certified by the organisations and bodies they are training for.
Get in Touch
Copyright Edinburgh Agile – All rights reserved.