SAFe Release Train Engineer Course Overview
During this three day (21 hours) SAFe® Release Train Engineer with RTE Certification course, attendees will learn how to facilitate and enable end-to-end value delivery through Agile Release Trains (ARTs)—and learn how to build a high-performing ART by becoming a servant leader and coach—when you become a SAFe® 5 Release Train Engineer (RTE).
Our SAFe RTE courses help to gain an in-depth understanding of the role and responsibilities of a Release Train Engineer (RTE) in the SAFe enterprise. Through experiential learning, examine the RTE role in a Lean- Agile transformation. Learn how to facilitate ART processes and execution, coach leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in new processes and mindsets.
Furthermore, attendees on the SAFe RTE course will explore how to prepare, plan, and execute a Program Increment (PI) planning event, the primary enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organization.
Join Edinburgh Agile, one of the world’s leading Agility consultancies on our Implementing SAFe course with RTE Certification online and in classrooms across the world!
Book SAFe Release Train Engineer Courses
SAFe Release Train Engineer Course with RTE Certification Overview
The SAFe RTE course leaves trainees more knowledgeable and confident in key areas of Scaled Agile Framework Lean-Agile delivery:
- Apply Lean-Agile knowledge and tools to execute and release value;
- Assist with program and large solution execution;
- Foster relentless improvement;
- Build a high-performing ART by becoming a servant leader and coach;
- Develop an action plan to continue the learning journey.
Key areas of competency:
- Facilitating program-level ceremonies;
- Leading program execution;
- Coaching Agile Release Trains (ARTs) and Agile Teams in the relentless improvement of value delivery;
- Creating transparency using metrics to initiate and drive positive change;
- Facilitating resolution of dependencies, impediments, and risks.
Trainees on the SAFe RTE course are developed to understand how to perform the role of a high-performing Release Train Engineer (RTE) who is a servant leader and coaching professional responsible for driving end-to-end delivery of value in a single program or Value Stream in a Lean-Agile enterprise. This includes the coverage of the following course topics:
- Exploring the RTE role and responsibilities;
- Applying SAFe Principles;
- Organizing the ART;
- Planning a Program Increment;
- Executing a Program Increment;
- Fostering Relentless Improvement;
- Serving the ART;
- Continuing Your Learning Journey.
SAFe Release Train Engineer (RTE) Certification
All participants completing the SAFe RTE course will receive access to attempt the SAFe Release Train Engineer certification assessment. SAFe RTE course participants who attempt the RTE assessment within 30 days of receiving their access will do so at no extra cost.
Attendees who attend the SAFe Release Train Engineer course and go on to pass the RTE certification assessment will receive:
- SAFe RTE course certificate of attendance/completion;
- Certified SAFe Release Train Engineer certificate.
SAFe Release Train Engineer Course with RTE Certification Audience
The SAFe RTE course is especially suitable for people who want to become aware of Scrum practices at an enterprise level and engage in Agile organisational transformation, and/or who are, or want to work effectively in a Scaled Agile Framework based organisation. The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Executives and Leaders, Managers, and Directors;
- Consultants, and Agile Coaches;
- Business Analyst, Program and Project Managers;
- Release Train Engineers and Solution Train Engineers;
- Product and Product Line Management;
Book SAFe Release Train Engineer Courses
SAFe RTE Course FAQs
SAFe RTE (Certified SAFe Release Train Engineer course) is a 3-day advanced level Scaled Agile Framework training course that trains the attendees on driving end-to-end delivery of value in a single program or Value Stream in a Lean-Agile enterprise.
In order to obtain SAFe RTE certification, you need to pass the Scaled Agile Framework RTE assessment. The SAFe RTE assessment is available to take an online exam for anyone who attends the SAFe RTE training course. The initial SAFe RTE exam attempt is included as part of the SAFe RTE course registration fee if the RTE exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each RTE exam retake attempt costs $50.
The SAFe Release Train Engineer certification exam is certainly challenging and requires a good awareness of the foundations of Scaled Agile Framework. This awareness is acquired through attendance on the SAFe RTE training course.
Edinburgh Agile’s SAFe RTE courses range from £695 to £1195 depending on the format, trainer, location, and other variables. For more information about our SAFe RTE courses click here.
Yes, the Scaled Agile Framework SAFe Release Train Engineer certification (SAFe RTE certification) requires renewal after one year.
The SAFe training curriculum has many certifications, and each course is tailored to the learner’s Professional needs and learning goals. The certification courses are:
– A Scrum Master after completing the SAFe Scrum Master (SSM) can take SAFe Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) course;
– The Agile team members can take the SAFe for Teams (SP) course;
– The Product Owner / Product Manager can take the SAFe Product Owner / Product Manager (POPM) course;
– The DevOps Practitioners can take the SAFe DevOps (SDP) course;
and so on.
SAFe Release Train Engineer Exam Details
The online SAFe RTE exam is of multiple-choice format. The candidate has to answer 60 questions within a duration of 120 minutes (2 hours). The exam has to be completed in one go, and the passing score is 75%. The initial course registration fee includes the first SAFe RTE exam attempt fees if the exam is taken within 30 days of SAFe RTE course completion. Each retake attempt will cost $50. The second attempt on the exam (first retake) can be done immediately after the first attempt. The third attempt requires a 10-day wait. The fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.
The SAFe RTE exam is designed to evaluate the knowledge and skill related to the job role. There are a variety of resources available to prepare for the exam after and before you have been on the SAFe RTE course. The course materials can be downloaded from the SAFe community platform, and you get access to a comprehensive study guide that details all the Scaled Agile Framework job roles and all resources related to the exam. Access to it is available through the Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform upon course completion.
After the SAFe RTE course, trainees can take the practice SAFe Release Train Engineer test before appearing for the actual exam. This is again part of the Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform. The practice test can be taken an unlimited number of times at no cost. However, this doesn’t guarantee success on the final exam and can be used to assess the knowledge and gain confidence before appearing in the actual exam.
The certification includes:
- Certified SAFe® Release Train Engineer PDF certificate;
- Certified SAFe® Release Train Engineer digital badge to promote your accomplishment online;
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform, which includes access to the SA Community of Practice;
- Access to Meetup groups and events that connect you with other SAFe certified professionals;
- A variety of learning resources to support you during your SAFe journey.
SAFe Release Train Engineer Course Prerequisites
- Have participated in at least one ART and one PI;
- Hold at least one current SAFe certifications;
- Edinburgh Agile recommends the Leading SAFe course as a perfect introduction to SAFe and exploring other SAFe courses.
More Scaled Agile Framework Courses / SAFe Courses
During the SAFe SP course you will gain in-depth understanding of the SAFe team member role and responsibilities in a SAFe enterprise. Through experiential learning, you will examine the SAFe Team members role and learn how to become a high-performing team member of an Agile Release Train (ART)—and learn how to collaborate effectively with other teams of the Scaled Agile Framework. Learn more about our SAFe for Teams courses.
The SAFe SSM training course is for Scrum Masters learning about their role in a SAFe enterprise context. In the SAFe Scrum Master course you will learn to facilitate Team and Program Level events for successful program execution, explore Scrum in the context of. Learn more about our SAFe SSM courses.
The Sketchy Guide to Scrum
Edinburgh Agile are very proud to support The Sketchy Guide to Scrum … a treat for any Agilist interested in learning more about Scrum.
Read the guide for free at: The Sketchy Guide to Scrum
Why Train with Edinburgh Agile?
Edinburgh Agile trainers have years of real-life working and teaching experience. Learn from practitioners, not just from theorists.
We offer the most competitive Agile training prices in the UK, Europe, USA and across the globe.
Trusted & Approved
All our trainers are approved/certified by the organisations and bodies they are training for.
Get in Touch
Copyright Edinburgh Agile – All rights reserved.