Leading SAFe Course Overview
During this two day (14 hours) Leading SAFe® with SA Certification course, attendees will gain the knowledge required to lead a Lean-Agile enterprise through leverage of the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®).
Our Leading SAFe course details the Scaled Agile Framework’s underlying principles; derived from Lean, systems thinking, Agile development, product development flow, and DevOps. Attendees on the Leading SAFe course will discuss the five competencies needed to become a Lean Enterprise and also learn and practice the skills for supporting and executing PI Planning events, and coordinating multiple Agile Release Trains (ARTs).
Furthermore, attendees on the Leading SAFe course will gain an understanding of the Lean-Agile mindset, why it’s so effective, and what it means to lead a Lean-Agile transformation. They’ll also learn how to build and support Agile teams and programs, empower a Lean Portfolio, build a Continuous Delivery Pipeline and DevOps culture, and coordinate large solutions. They will develop a skillset that’s in demand worldwide — and empower their enterprises to succeed in a disruptive marketplace — when they become a SAFe Agilist (SA).
Join Edinburgh Agile, one of the world’s leading Agility consultancies on our Scaled Agile Framework Leading SAFe with SA Certification courses online and in classrooms across the world! Click here for other Scaled Agile Framework courses.
Book Leading SAFe Courses
Leading SAFe Course with SA Certification Overview
The Leading SAFe training course leaves trainees more knowledgeable and confident in five key areas of Scaled Agile Framework Lean-Agile delivery:
- Lead the transformation to Business Agility with SAFe;
- Become a Lean-Agile Leader;
- Understand customer needs with Design Thinking;
- Enable Agile Product Delivery;
- Implement Lean Portfolio Management.
Trainees on the Leading SAFe course are developed to understand how to perform the role of a Lean-Agile Leader. This includes the coverage of the following course topics:
- Interpret the basic constructs of SAFe and the steps of the Implementation Roadmap;
- Exhibit and apply a Lean-Agile mindset;
- Apply SAFe’s Lean and Agile principles to SAFe roles and practices;
- Build high-performing teams by establishing mission and purpose;
- Use transformational leadership to drive change, develop people, and encourage innovation;
- Support PI Planning and the events associated with successful program execution;
- Drive continuous value delivery through the Continuous Delivery Pipeline;
- Align strategy and execution with Strategic Themes and Lean Portfolio Management;
- Coordinate multiple Agile Release Trains and Suppliers with a Solution Train.
Leading SAFe (SA) Certification
All participants completing the Leading SAFe course will receive access to attempt the SAFe Agilist certification assessment. Leading SAFe course participants who attempt the SA assessment within 30 days of receiving their access will do so at no extra cost.
Attendees who attend the Leading SAFe course and go on to pass the SA certification assessment will receive:
- Leading SAFe course certificate of attendance/competition;
- Certified SAFe Agilist certificate.
Leading SAFe Course with SA Certification Audience
The Leading SAFe course is especially suitable for people who want to become aware of Lean-Agile enterprise delivery, and/or who are, or want to work effectively in a Scaled Agile Framework based organisation. The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Executives and Leaders, Managers, Directors, CIOs, and VPs;
- Development, QA, and Infrastructure Management;
- Program and Project Managers;
- Product and Product Line Management;
- Portfolio Managers, PMO, and Process Leads;
- Enterprise, System, and Solution Architects.
Book Leading SAFe Courses
Leading SAFe Course FAQs
The Leading SAFe course (SAFe Agilist course) is a 2-day foundation Scaled Agile Framework training course that trains you on the principles and theory of Lean-Agile delivery. The Leading SAFe course is a combination of instruction and team-based exercises, and trains, amongst other things; core awareness of the Lean-Agile mindset and principles, how to execute and release value through Agile Release Trains, and how to build an Agile portfolio with Lean-Agile budgeting.
In order to obtain SAFe SA certification, you need to pass the Scaled Agile Framework SA assessment. The SAFe Agilist (SA) assessment is available to take online for anyone who attends the Leading SAFe course. The first SA exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the SA exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each SA exam retakes attempt costs $50.
The SAFe Agilist certification exam is challenging and requires very good awareness of the foundations of Scaled Agile Framework. This awareness will be acquired through attendance
Our Leading SAFe courses range from £695 to £1195 depending on the format, trainer, location, and other variables. For more information about our Leading SAFe courses, click here.
Yes, the Scaled Agile Framework SAFe Agilist certification requires a renewal after one year.
The SAFe training curriculum has many certifications, and each course is tailored to the learner’s Professional needs and learning goals. After completing Leading SAFe course and certification:
– A Scrum Master can take SAFe Scrum Master (SSM) and then SAFe Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) course;
– The consultants, change managers can take the Implementing SAFe (SPC) course;
– The Release Train Engineers can take the SAFe Release Train Engineer (RTE) course;
– The Product Owner / Product Manager can take the SAFe Product Owner / Product Manager (POPM) course;
– The DevOps Practitioners can take the SAFe DevOps (SDP) course;
and so on.
Leading SAFe Exam Details
The online SAFe Agilist exam is of multiple-choice format. The candidate has to answer 45 questions within a duration of 90 minutes (1.5 hours). The exam has to be completed in one go, and the passing score is 77%. The initial course registration fee includes the first Leading SAFe exam attempt fees, if the exam is taken within 30 days of Leading SAFe course completion. Each retake attempt will cost $50. The second attempt on the exam (first retake) can be done immediately after the first attempt. The third attempt requires a 10-day wait. The fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.
The SAFe Agilist exam is designed to evaluate the knowledge and skill related to the job role. There are a variety of resources available to prepare for the exam after and before you have been on the Leading SAFe course. The course materials can be downloaded from the SAFe community platform, and you get access to a comprehensive study guide that details all the Scaled Agile Framework job roles and all resources related to the exam. Access to it is available through the Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform upon course completion.
After the Leading SAFe course, trainees on the can take the practice SAFe Agilist test before appearing for the actual exam. This is again part of the Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform. The practice test can be taken an unlimited number of times at no cost. However, this doesn’t guarantee success on the final exam and can be used to assess the knowledge and gain confidence before appearing in the actual exam.
The certification includes:
- Certified SAFe® Agilist PDF certificate;
- Certified SAFe® Agilist digital badge to promote your accomplishment online;
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform, which includes access to the SA Community of Practice;
- Access to Meetup groups and events that connect you with other SAFe certified professionals;
- A variety of learning resources to support you during your SAFe journey.
Leading SAFe Course Prerequisites
- 5+ years experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product or project management;
- Experience in Scrum;
- Edinburgh Agile recommends the Leading SAFe course as a perfect introduction to SAFe and exploring other SAFe courses.
More Scaled Agile Framework Courses / SAFe Courses
During the SAFe RTE course you will gain in-depth understanding of the RTE role and responsibilities in a SAFe enterprise. Through experiential learning, you will examine the SAFe RTE role and learn how to facilitate ART processes and execution, coach leaders, teams, and SAFe Scrum Masters in new processes and mindsets. Explore how to prepare, plan, and execute a SAFe Program Increment (PI) planning event, the primary enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organization. Learn more about our SAFe Release Train Engineer courses.
The SAFe SSM training course is for Scrum Masters learning about their role in a SAFe enterprise context. In the SAFe Scrum Master course you will learn to facilitate Team and Program Level events for successful program execution, explore Scrum in the context of. Learn more about our SAFe SSM courses.
The Sketchy Guide to Scrum
Edinburgh Agile are very proud to support The Sketchy Guide to Scrum … a treat for any Agilist interested in learning more about Scrum.
Read the guide for free at: The Sketchy Guide to Scrum
Why Train with Edinburgh Agile?
Edinburgh Agile trainers have years of real-life working and teaching experience. Learn from practitioners, not just from theorists.
We offer the most competitive Agile training prices in the UK, Europe, USA and across the globe.
Trusted & Approved
All our trainers are approved/certified by the organisations and bodies they are training for.
Get in Touch
Copyright Edinburgh Agile – All rights reserved.