SAFe DevOps Practitioner Course Overview
During this two day (14 hours) SAFe® DevOps Practitioner with SDP Certification course, attendees will learn how people across technical, non-technical, and leadership roles work together to optimize their value stream from end to end. Attendees will learn what DevOps is, why it is important to every role, and design a continuous delivery pipeline that is tailored to their business. Attendees work in cross-functional teams to map their current state value stream from concept to cash, identify major bottlenecks to flow, and build an actionable implementation plan that will accelerate the benefits of DevOps in their organization.
Our SAFe SDP courses help to gain an in-depth understanding of the role and responsibilities of a DevOps Practitioner (SDP) in the SAFe enterprise. Through experiential learning, examine the SDP role in a Lean- Agile transformation.
Furthermore, attendees on the SAFe RTE course will explore how a DevOps Practitioner (SDP) will be improving the complete flow of value through a Continuous Delivery Pipeline from idea to operational solution. Key areas of responsibility include participating in Continuous Exploration, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Release-on-Demand, continuous testing, continuous security, and building a culture of shared responsibility.
Join Edinburgh Agile, one of the world’s leading Agility consultancies on our DevOps Practitioner SAFe course with SDP Certification online and in classrooms across the world!
Book SAFe DevOps Practitioner Courses
SAFe DevOps Practitioner Course with SDP Certification Overview
The SAFe SDP course leaves trainees more knowledgeable and confident in key areas of Scaled Agile Framework Lean-Agile delivery:
- Explain how DevOps enables strategic business objectives;
- Apply a CALMR approach to DevOps to avoid automating broken processes;
- Understand how successful DevOps requires continuous exploration, continuous integration, continuous deployment, and the ability to release to end-users on demand;
- Incorporate continuous testing and continuous security into the delivery pipeline;
- Use value stream mapping to measure flow and identify bottlenecks in the end-to-end delivery process;
- Select DevOps skills and tools strategically for the fastest, most compelling results;
- Prioritize DevOps solutions and investments for greatest economic benefit;
- Design and implement a multi-phased DevOps transformation plan tailored to their organization;
- Work with all roles and levels in the organization to continually optimize the value stream.
Key areas of competency:
- Describe what DevOps is and why it is important;
- Build a culture of shared responsibility across the value stream;
- Continuously explore user needs;
- Describe architectural considerations for continuous delivery;
- Build and integrate the system continuously;
- Improve the quality of the system with continuous testing;
- Deploy systems to staging and production environments continuously;
- Release systems to customers and manage recovery as necessary;
- Maintain security by inspecting continuously for vulnerabilities;
- Measure the flow through the Continuous Delivery Pipeline;
- Support a SAFe DevOps transformation in the enterprise.
Trainees on the SAFe SDP course are developed to understand how to perform the role of a high-performing DevOps Practitioner (SDP) who is responsible for driving end-to-end delivery of value in a single program or Value Stream in a Lean-Agile enterprise. This includes the coverage of the following course topics:
- Introducing DevOps;
- Mapping your Continuous Delivery Pipeline;
- Gaining alignment with Continuous Exploration;
- Building quality with Continuous Integration;
- Reducing time-to-market with Continuous Deployment;
- Delivering Business Value with Release on Demand;
- Taking action.
SAFe DevOps Practitioner (SDP) Certification
All participants completing the SAFe DevOps Practitioner course will receive access to attempt the SAFe DevOps Practitioner certification assessment. SAFe SDP course participants who attempt the SDP assessment within 30 days of receiving their access will do so at no extra cost.
Attendees who attend the SAFe DevOps Practitioner course and go on to pass the SDP certification assessment will receive:
- SAFe SDP course certificate of attendance/completion;
- Certified SAFe DevOps Practitioner certificate.
SAFe DevOps Practitioner Course with SDP Certification Audience
The SAFe SDP course is especially suitable for people who want to become aware of Scrum practices at an enterprise level and engage in Agile organisational transformation, and/or who are, or want to work effectively in a Scaled Agile Framework based organisation. The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Executives and Leaders, Managers, and Directors;
- Consultants, and Agile Coaches;
- Business Analyst, Program and Project Managers;
- Release Train Engineers and Solution Train Engineers;
- Product and Product Line Management;
Book SAFe DevOps Practitioner Courses
SAFe SDP Course FAQs
SAFe SDP (Certified SAFe DevOps Practitioner course) is a 2-day foundational level Scaled Agile Framework training course that trains the attendees on driving end-to-end delivery of value in a single program or Value Stream in a Lean-Agile enterprise.
In order to obtain SAFe SDP certification, you need to pass the Scaled Agile Framework SDP assessment. The SAFe SDP assessment is available to take an online exam for anyone who attends the SAFe SDP training course. The initial SAFe SDP exam attempt is included as part of the SAFe SDP course registration fee if the SDP exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each SDP exam retake attempt costs $50.
The SAFe DevOps Practitioner certification exam is certainly challenging and requires a good awareness of the foundations of Scaled Agile Framework. This awareness is acquired through attendance on the SAFe SDP training course.
Edinburgh Agile’s SAFe SDP courses range from £695 to £1195 depending on the format, trainer, location, and other variables. For more information about our SAFe SDP courses click here.
Yes, the Scaled Agile Framework SAFe DevOps Practitioner certification (SAFe SDP certification) requires renewal after one year.
The SAFe training curriculum has many certifications, and each course is tailored to the learner’s Professional needs and learning goals. The certification courses are:
– A Scrum Master after completing the SAFe Scrum Master (SSM) can take SAFe Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) course;
– The Agile team members can take the SAFe for Teams (SP) course;
– The Product Owner / Product Manager can take the SAFe Product Owner / Product Manager (POPM) course;
and so on.
SAFe DevOps Practitioner Exam Details
The online SAFe DevOps Practitioner exam is of multiple-choice format. The candidate has to answer 45 questions within a duration of 90 minutes (1.5 hours). The exam has to be completed in one go, and the passing score is 73%. The initial course registration fee includes the first SAFe SDP exam attempt fees if the exam is taken within 30 days of SAFe SDP course completion. Each retake attempt will cost $50. The second attempt on the exam (first retake) can be done immediately after the first attempt. The third attempt requires a 10-day wait. The fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.
The SAFe SDP exam is designed to evaluate the knowledge and skill related to the job role. There are a variety of resources available to prepare for the exam after and before you have been on the SAFe SDP course. The course materials can be downloaded from the SAFe community platform, and you get access to a comprehensive study guide that details all the Scaled Agile Framework job roles and all resources related to the exam. Access to it is available through the Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform upon course completion.
After the SAFe SDP course, trainees can take the practice SAFe DevOps Practitioner test before appearing for the actual exam. This is again part of the Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform. The practice test can be taken an unlimited number of times at no cost. However, this doesn’t guarantee success on the final exam and can be used to assess the knowledge and gain confidence before appearing in the actual exam.
The certification includes:
- Certified SAFe® DevOps Practitioner PDF certificate;
- Certified SAFe® DevOps Practitioner digital badge to promote your accomplishment online;
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform, which includes access to the SA Community of Practice;
- Access to Meetup groups and events that connect you with other SAFe certified professionals;
- A variety of learning resources to support you during your SAFe journey.
SAFe DevOps Practitioner Course Prerequisites
- Edinburgh Agile recommends the Leading SAFe course as a perfect introduction to SAFe and exploring other SAFe courses.
More Scaled Agile Framework Courses / SAFe Courses
During the SAFe SP course you will gain in-depth understanding of the SAFe team member role and responsibilities in a SAFe enterprise. Through experiential learning, you will examine the SAFe Team members role and learn how to become a high-performing team member of an Agile Release Train (ART)—and learn how to collaborate effectively with other teams of the Scaled Agile Framework. Learn more about our SAFe for Teams courses.
The SAFe SSM training course is for Scrum Masters learning about their role in a SAFe enterprise context. In the SAFe Scrum Master course you will learn to facilitate Team and Program Level events for successful program execution, explore Scrum in the context of. Learn more about our SAFe SSM courses.
The Sketchy Guide to Scrum
Edinburgh Agile are very proud to support The Sketchy Guide to Scrum … a treat for any Agilist interested in learning more about Scrum.
Read the guide for free at: The Sketchy Guide to Scrum
Why Train with Edinburgh Agile?
Edinburgh Agile trainers have years of real-life working and teaching experience. Learn from practitioners, not just from theorists.
We offer the most competitive Agile training prices in the UK, Europe, USA and across the globe.
Trusted & Approved
All our trainers are approved/certified by the organisations and bodies they are training for.
Get in Touch
Copyright Edinburgh Agile – All rights reserved.