SAFe Advanced Scrum Master Course Overview
During this two day (14 hours) SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master with SASM Certification course, attendees will learn on the program-level scrum, the SAFe Advanced Scrum Master course helps the current Scrum Masters for their leadership role in facilitating Agile team, program, and enterprise success in a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®) implementation.
Our SAFe SASM course covers the facilitation of cross-team interactions, program execution, and relentless improvement. It enhances the Scrum paradigm with an introduction to scalable engineering and DevOps practices, the application of Kanban to facilitate the flow of value, and supporting interactions with architects, product management, and other critical stakeholders in the larger program and enterprise contexts.
Furthermore, attendees on the SAFe SASM course will learn about actionable tools for building high-performing teams and explore practical ways of addressing Agile and Scrum anti-patterns in the enterprise.
Join Edinburgh Agile, one of the world’s leading Agility consultancies on our SAFe course with SASM Certification online and in classrooms across the world!
Book SAFe Advanced Scrum Master Courses
SAFe Advanced Scrum Master Course with SASM Certification Overview
The SAFe SASM course leaves trainees more knowledgeable and confident in key areas of Scaled Agile Framework Lean-Agile delivery:
- Apply SAFe principles to facilitation, enablement, and coaching in a multi-team environment;
- Build a high-performing team and foster relentless improvement at scale;
- Address Agile and Scrum anti-patterns;
- Support the adoption of engineering practices, DevOps, and Agile architecture;
- Learn to apply Kanban eXtreme Programming (XP) frameworks to optimize flow and improve the team’s work;
- Facilitate program planning, execution, and delivery of end-to-end systems value;
- Support learning through participation in Communities of practice and innovation cycles.
Key areas of competency
- Improving value flow using Kanban and engineering practices;
- Supporting Program-level execution;
- Using problem-solving and advanced coaching techniques to drive relentless improvement.
Trainees on the SAFe SASM course are developed to understand how to perform the role of a high-performing Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) who is a change agent that leads all levels of an organisation through a Lean-Agile transformation at scale. This includes the coverage of the following course topics:
- Exploring the Scrum Master’s role in the SAFe enterprise;
- Applying SAFe Principles: A Scrum Master’s perspective;
- Exploring Agile and Scrum anti-patterns;
- Facilitating program execution;
- Improving flow with Kanban and XP;
- Building high-performing teams;
- Improving program performance with Inspect and Adapt.
SAFe Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) Certification
All participants completing the SAFe SASM course will receive access to attempt the SAFe Advanced Scrum Master certification assessment. SAFe SASM course participants who attempt the SASM assessment within 30 days of receiving their access will do so at no extra cost.
Attendees who attend the SAFe Advanced Scrum Master course and go on to pass the SASM certification assessment will receive:
- SAFe SASM course certificate of attendance/completion;
- Certified SAFe Advanced Scrum Master certificate.
SAFe Advanced Scrum Master Course with SASM Certification Audience
The SAFe SASM course is especially suitable for people who want to play the advanced Scrum Master role at a program-level and engage in Agile organisational transformation, and/or who are, or want to work effectively in a Scaled Agile Framework based organisation. The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Scrum Masters, Consultants, and Agile Coaches;
- Business Analyst, Program and Project Managers;
- Release Train Engineers;
- Product and Product Line Management.
Book SAFe Advanced Scrum Master Courses
SAFe SASM Course FAQs
SAFe SASM (Certified SAFe Advanced Scrum Master course) is a 2-day advanced level Scaled Agile Framework training course that trains attendees on being the change agent who leads all levels of an organisation through a Lean-Agile transformation at scale by training, coaching, facilitating, and mentoring.
In order to obtain SAFe SASM certification, you need to pass the Scaled Agile Framework SASM assessment. The SAFe SASM assessment is available to take an online exam for anyone who attends the SAFe SASM training course. The initial SAFe SASM exam attempt is included as part of the SAFe SASM course registration fee if the SASM exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each SASM exam retake attempt costs $50.
The SAFe Advanced Scrum Master certification exam is certainly challenging and requires a good awareness of the foundations of Scaled Agile Framework. This awareness is acquired through attendance on the SAFe SASM training course.
Edinburgh Agile’s SAFe SASM courses range from £695 to £1195 depending on the format, trainer, location, and other variables. For more information about our SAFe SASM courses click here.
Yes, the Scaled Agile Framework SAFe Advanced Scrum Master certification (SAFe SASM certification) requires renewal after one year.
The SAFe training curriculum has many certifications, and each course is tailored to the learner’s Professional needs and learning goals. The certification courses are:
– The Agile team members can take the SAFe for Teams (SP) course;
– The Release Train Engineers can take the SAFe Release Train Engineer (RTE) course;
– The Product Owner / Product Manager can take the SAFe Product Owner / Product Manager (POPM) course;
– The DevOps Practitioners can take the SAFe DevOps (SDP) course;
and so on.
SAFe Advanced Scrum Master Exam Details
The online SAFe SASM exam is of multiple-choice format. The candidate has to answer 60 questions within a duration of 120 minutes (2 hours). The exam has to be completed in one go, and the passing score is 73%. The initial course registration fee includes the first SAFe SASM exam attempt fees if the exam is taken within 30 days of SAFe SASM course completion. Each retake attempt will cost $50. The second attempt on the exam (first retake) can be done immediately after the first attempt. The third attempt requires a 10-day wait. The fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.
The SAFe SASM exam is designed to evaluate the knowledge and skill related to the job role. There are a variety of resources available to prepare for the exam after and before you have been on the SAFe SASM course. The course materials can be downloaded from the SAFe community platform, and you get access to a comprehensive study guide that details all the Scaled Agile Framework job roles and all resources related to the exam. Access to it is available through the Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform upon course completion.
After the SAFe SASM course, trainees can take the practice SAFe Advanced Scrum Master test before appearing for the actual exam. This is again part of the Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform. The practice test can be taken an unlimited number of times at no cost. However, this doesn’t guarantee success on the final exam and can be used to assess the knowledge and gain confidence before appearing in the actual exam.
The certification includes:
- Certified SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master PDF certificate;
- Certified SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master digital badge to promote your accomplishment online;
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform, which includes access to the SA Community of Practice;
- Access to Meetup groups and events that connect you with other SAFe certified professionals;
- A variety of learning resources to support you during your SAFe journey.
SAFe Advanced Scrum Master Course Prerequisites
Having one or more of the following certifications is highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) certification exam:
- SAFe® 5 Scrum Master (SSM) certification;
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification;
- Professional Scrum Master (PSM) certification;
- Edinburgh Agile recommends the Leading SAFe course as a perfect introduction to SAFe and exploring other SAFe courses.
More Scaled Agile Framework Courses / SAFe Courses
During the SAFe RTE course you will gain in-depth understanding of the RTE role and responsibilities in a SAFe enterprise. Through experiential learning, you will examine the SAFe RTE role and learn how to facilitate ART processes and execution, coach leaders, teams, and SAFe Scrum Masters in new processes and mindsets. Explore how to prepare, plan, and execute a SAFe Program Increment (PI) planning event, the primary enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organization. Learn more about our SAFe Release Train Engineer courses.
The SAFe SSM training course is for Scrum Masters learning about their role in a SAFe enterprise context. In the SAFe Scrum Master course you will learn to facilitate Team and Program Level events for successful program execution, explore Scrum in the context of. Learn more about our SAFe SSM courses.
The Sketchy Guide to Scrum
Edinburgh Agile are very proud to support The Sketchy Guide to Scrum … a treat for any Agilist interested in learning more about Scrum.
Read the guide for free at: The Sketchy Guide to Scrum
Why Train with Edinburgh Agile?
Edinburgh Agile trainers have years of real-life working and teaching experience. Learn from practitioners, not just from theorists.
We offer the most competitive Agile training prices in the UK, Europe, USA and across the globe.
Trusted & Approved
All our trainers are approved/certified by the organisations and bodies they are training for.
Get in Touch
Copyright Edinburgh Agile – All rights reserved.