SAFe for Architects Course Overview
During this three day (21 hours) SAFe® for Architects with ARCH Certification course, attendees will explore the roles, responsibilities, and mindset of Agile Architects, and appreciate how to align architecture with business value and drive continuous flow to large systems-of-systems while supporting the SAFe program execution.
Our SAFe ARCH courses help attendees gain an understanding of the Lean-Agile mindset and the senior technical contributors who need to understand the role of System, Solution, and Enterprise Architects in Lean-Agile enterprises..
Furthermore, attendees on the SAFe ARCH course will also get a deeper view into how architecture enables continuous value flow and how architects engage in, and contribute to, a Lean-Agile enterprise.
Join Edinburgh Agile, one of the world’s leading Agility consultancies on our SAFe course with ARCH Certification online and in classrooms across the world!
Book SAFe for Architects Courses
SAFe for Architects Course with ARCH Certification Overview
The SAFe ARCH course leaves trainees more knowledgeable and confident in key areas of Scaled Agile Framework Lean-Agile delivery. To perform the role of a SAFe® for Architects, attendees should be able to:
- Architect using SAFe principles;
- Align architecture with business value;
- Develop and communicate architecture vision and intent;
- Plan architectural runway to enable delivery success;
- The Architect for continuous delivery and the Release on Demand;
- Lead and coach architects and team members during Program Increment (PI) Planning and execution;
- Provide leadership during a Lean-Agile transformation.
- Apply SAFe principles to managing trade-offs between functionality, cost, risk, and sustainability;
- Ensure designs can be implemented in small batches with continuous integration/continuous delivery deployment model;
- Communicate solution context and intent to Agile teams and trains;
- Establish intentional architecture guidelines and enable flexibility to allow emergent technology;
- Prepare architectural runway to enable delivery success;
- Steer architecture decisions, support risk and issue resolution, participate in Management Review and Problem Solving during Program Increment execution;
- Define, implement, and monitor quality practices, including CI/CD and DevOps;
- Ensure that technology decisions made within an ART work end-to-end across components in a Solution;
- Ensure that Solution complies with Portfolio technology strategy;
- Enable Lean-Agile transformations and coach Lean-Agile practitioners.
Trainees on the SAFe ARCH course are developed to understand how to perform the role of a high-performing SAFe Architects (ARCH) who is a change agent that leads all levels of an organisation through a Lean-Agile transformation at scale. This includes the coverage of the following course topics:
- Exemplifying Lean-Agile architecture;
- Architecting for DevOps and Release on Demand;
- Aligning architecture with business value;
- Developing Solution Vision, Solution Intent, and Roadmaps;
- Preparing architecture for Program Increment (PI) Planning;
- Coordinating architecture throughout PI Planning;
- Supporting Continuous Delivery during PI execution;
- Supporting new Strategic Themes and Value Streams;
- Leading as an architect during a Lean-Agile transformation.
SAFe for Architects (ARCH) Certification
All participants completing the SAFe ARCH course will receive access to attempt the SAFe for Architects certification assessment. SAFe ARCH course participants who attempt the ARCH assessment within 30 days of receiving their access will do so at no extra cost.
Attendees who attend the SAFe for Architects course and go on to pass the ARCH certification assessment will receive:
- SAFe ARCH course certificate of attendance/completion;
- Certified SAFe for Architects certificate.
SAFe for Architects Course with ARCH Certification Audience
The SAFe ARCH course is especially suitable for people who want to be a SAFe change agent that uses principles and practices of the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®). A Certified SAFe® Architect is an effective leader and change agent who delivers Agile Architecture to enable the creation of business value. Key areas of competency include: applying SAFe principles to develop and maintain Agile Architecture and release on demand, leading and supporting Solution Trains and Agile Release Trains, extending the principles driving continuous flow to large systems-of-systems, and enabling an improved flow of value. The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Scrum Masters, Consultants, Agile Trainer, and Agile Coaches;
- Architects, Solution Architects, and System Architects.
Book SAFe for Architects Courses
SAFe ARCH Course FAQs
SAFe ARCH (Certified SAFe for Architects course) is a 3-day intermediate level Scaled Agile Framework training course that trains attendees on being the change agent who wants to perform the role of a SAFe Architects using SAFe Lean-Agile principles and practices.
In order to obtain SAFe ARCH certification, you need to pass the Scaled Agile Framework ARCH assessment. The SAFe ARCH assessment is available to take an online exam for anyone who attends the SAFe ARCH training course. The initial SAFe ARCH exam attempt is included as part of the SAFe ARCH course registration fee if the ARCH exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each ARCH exam retake attempt costs $50.
The SAFe for Architects certification exam is certainly challenging and requires a good awareness of the foundations of Scaled Agile Framework. This awareness is acquired through attendance at the SAFe ARCH training course.
Edinburgh Agile’s SAFe ARCH courses range from £695 to £1195 depending on the format, trainer, location, and other variables. For more information about our SAFe ARCH courses click here.
Yes, the Scaled Agile Framework SAFe for Architects certification (SAFe ARCH certification) requires renewal after one year.
The SAFe training curriculum has many certifications, and each course is tailored to the learner’s Professional needs and learning goals. The certification courses are:
– A Scrum Master after completing the SAFe Scrum Master (SSM) can take SAFe Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) course;
– The Agile team members can take the SAFe for Teams (SP) course;
– The Release Train Engineers can take the SAFe Release Train Engineer (RTE) course;
– The Product Owner / Product Manager can take the SAFe Product Owner / Product Manager (POPM) course;
– The DevOps Practitioners can take the SAFe DevOps (SDP) course;
and so on.
SAFe for Architects Exam Details
The online SAFe ARCH exam is of multiple-choice format. The candidate has to answer 60 questions within a duration of 120 minutes (2 hours). The exam has to be completed in one go, and the passing score is 75%. The initial course registration fee includes the first SAFe ARCH exam attempt fees if the exam is taken within 30 days of SAFe ARCH course completion. Each retake attempt will cost $50. The second attempt on the exam (first retake) can be done immediately after the first attempt. The third attempt requires a 10-day wait. The fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.
The SAFe ARCH exam is designed to evaluate the knowledge and skill related to the job role. There are a variety of resources available to prepare for the exam after and before you have been on the SAFe ARCH course. The course materials can be downloaded from the SAFe community platform, and you get access to a comprehensive study guide that details all the Scaled Agile Framework job roles and all resources related to the exam. Access to it is available through the Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform upon course completion.
After the SAFe ARCH course, trainees can take the practice SAFe for Architects test before appearing for the actual exam. This is again part of the Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform. The practice test can be taken an unlimited number of times at no cost. However, this doesn’t guarantee success on the final exam and can be used to assess the knowledge and gain confidence before appearing in the actual exam.
The certification includes:
- Certified SAFe® Architect PDF certificate;
- Certified SAFe® Architect digital badge to promote your accomplishment online;
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform, which includes access to the ARCH Community of Practice;
- Access to Meetup groups and events that connect you with other SAFe certified professionals;
- A variety of learning resources to support you during your SAFe journey.
SAFe for Architects Course Prerequisites
- Have attended at least one SAFe course;
- Have participated in at least one ART and one PI;
- Edinburgh Agile recommends the Leading SAFe course as a perfect introduction to SAFe and exploring other SAFe courses.
More Scaled Agile Framework Courses / SAFe Courses
During the SAFe RTE course you will gain in-depth understanding of the RTE role and responsibilities in a SAFe enterprise. Through experiential learning, you will examine the SAFe RTE role and learn how to facilitate ART processes and execution, coach leaders, teams, and SAFe Scrum Masters in new processes and mindsets. Explore how to prepare, plan, and execute a SAFe Program Increment (PI) planning event, the primary enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organization. Learn more about our SAFe Release Train Engineer courses.
The SAFe SSM training course is for Scrum Masters learning about their role in a SAFe enterprise context. In the SAFe Scrum Master course you will learn to facilitate Team and Program Level events for successful program execution, explore Scrum in the context of. Learn more about our SAFe SSM courses.
The Sketchy Guide to Scrum
Edinburgh Agile are very proud to support The Sketchy Guide to Scrum … a treat for any Agilist interested in learning more about Scrum.
Read the guide for free at: The Sketchy Guide to Scrum
Why Train with Edinburgh Agile?
Edinburgh Agile trainers have years of real-life working and teaching experience. Learn from practitioners, not just from theorists.
We offer the most competitive Agile training prices in the UK, Europe, USA and across the globe.
Trusted & Approved
All our trainers are approved/certified by the organisations and bodies they are training for.
Get in Touch
Copyright Edinburgh Agile – All rights reserved.