During this cutting-edge two day online training course, you will deepen your understanding of the Scrum framework and the role of the Scrum Master in it. The Professional Scrum Master (PSM) course is perfect for Scrum Masters and anyone responsible for an effective introduction of the Scrum framework.
You will learn why PSM is the course for effective Scrum Masters and for anyone coaching a team toward increased efficiency and effectiveness. The course includes advanced thinking for servant-leadership and behavioral shifts.
The interesting PSM course is a combination of lectures, interactive team-based exercises, assignments, and discussions, as well as engaging real-world case studies. The course also includes a free attempt at the globally recognized Professional Scrum Master I certification exam (PSM I). Your remote instructor, David Spinks, is an expert Scrum trainer who has extensive hands-on experience in practicing Scrum!
The PSM course introduces the principles and (empirical) process theory underpinning the Scrum framework. This is much more than just a set of slides and an instructor. In this course, students work on real-life cases with other classmates together as a team. This course is made up of discussions and hands-on exercises based upon real-life cases.
Being online, the PSM course is suitable for trainees across the globe… the course runs on the 16th and 17th August 2021… each day starts at 9:00 am GMT (10:00 am CET) and finishes at 5:00 pm GMT (6:00 pm CET). This makes the course perfect for people across the United Kingdom and Europe in particular!
What you will receive:
- Two days of high-quality interactive instruction from one of the leading Scrum expert, David Spinks;
- Official course materials;
- Two attempts at the PSM I assessment. Following the course, a password will be provided to the trainee to attempt the PSM I assessment (included in the cost of the course) and, if the trainee takes the aforementioned PSM I assessment within 14 days of the class end, and do not achieve the 85% certification score, they will also get 1 additional free re-attempt;
- Professional Scrum Master I certificate signed by the co-creator of Scrum and founder of Scrum.org; Ken Schwaber (upon completion of the course and passing the official Professional Scrum Master I assessment).
Who should attend the Professional Scrum Master (PSM) course?
All experience levels are welcome. No previous Scrum training or experience is required, though it is recommended that participants read the Scrum Guide before the course.
The class targets the people within an organization accountable for getting the most out of Scrum, including Organization leaders, Scrum Masters, managers, and Scrum Team members.
Your Remote Trainer
David’s professional experience spans roles of; Agile Trainer, Agile Coach, Scrum Master, Kanban Service Delivery Manager, Team Leader, and Software Developer in a variety of industries, including finance, eCommerce, social housing, and education.
David believes in servant leadership, and he values environments where empowerment, autonomy, and flexibility enable teams to do the best work possible.
He is committed to continuous learning and development in himself and others. He is passionate about getting the best out of teams and seeing people reach their full potential.
David is active in the global Agile community, including blogging, and speaking at conferences and meetups around the world.
This Professional Scrum Master (PSM) course takes place online over two days sing state-of-the-art technology:
- Monday 16th August – 9:00 am to 5:00 pm GMT/10:00 am to 06:00 pm CET
- Tuesday 17th August – 9:00 am to 5:00 pm GMT/10:00 am to 06:00 pm CET
Being online and interactive, this PSM course is specifically designed to cater to trainees across the globe, and particularly across Europe. Indeed, the timing of this course supports trainees attending from, for example; from Edinburgh, London, Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin.
Attendance on both days of the course (as listed above) is required.
The course includes regular breaks for comfort and effective learning.
Remote/Online Course Logistics
This Professional Scrum Master (PSM) remote/online course utilises state-of-the-art technology in order to support communication and learning. The course uses a combination of the Zoom video and audio conferencing platform and Google Jamboard collaboration platform.
Upon sign-up of the course, you will be sent a calendar invitation with Zoom video/audio conference details as well as information about Google Jamboard
It is recommended you download the Zoom app onto your PC for the best learning experience.
Professional Scrum Master (PSM) Coverage
The Professional Scrum Master course covers:
- Scrum theory and first principles;
- The Scrum framework: roles, rules and artefacts;
- Product Delivery with Scrum;
- Working with people and teams;
- Done and Undone;
- The role of the Scrum Master.
Students are challenged to think in terms of Scrum and the Scrum principles to better understand what to do when they return to their workplaces.
- Students will have a clear understanding of the mechanics of Scrum and their coherence from the empirical foundation of Scrum;
- Students can act as a Scrum Master for Scrum Teams and stakeholders from an in-depth understanding of servant-leadership;
- Students can effectively start up Scrum or increase its effectiveness if already underway;
PSM II Understanding and Awareness
David is one of the world-leading PST and teaches this course in a way that is good enough preparation for both the PSM and PSMII assessments. David’s examples/case studies are deep-rooted and his narrative allows people to understand Scrum to the same level as the PSMII assessment requires. Attendees will truly learn the WHY… which makes the what and how much easier to understand.
Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) Certification and Assessment Details
Attendees who attend the Professional Scrum Master (PSM) course, and go on to pass the PSM I certification assessment will receive:
Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) certificate;
Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) Exam Details
Format: Multiple Choice, Multiple Answer and True/False
Time Limit: 60 Minutes
Number of Questions: 80
Passing Score: 85%
The first and second PSM I assessment attempts are FREE as they are INCLUDED in the cost of the course. If trainees take the first PSM I assessment within 14 days of the end of the class, and do not achieve the 85% certification score, they get 1 free re-attempt.
Further PSM I assessment attempts would cost $150.
The PSM II assessment is an additional $250 however the course includes one 40% discount on this cost.
Inclusion in the list of Professional Scrum Certificate Holders
The industry-recognised PSM certifications require a challenging minimum passing score which ensures the certifications have true value in the marketplace. If you pass the PSM certifications your name will be posted publicly for colleagues, managers, and potential employers to see.
Click here to see the Professional Scrum certification list.
Professional Scrum Master II (PSM II) Certification and Assessment Details
Attendees who attend the Professional Scrum Master (PSM) course, and go on to pass the PSM II certification assessment will receive:
Professional Scrum Master II certificate;
Professional Scrum Master II (PSM II) Exam Details
- Format: Multiple Choice, Multiple Answer and True/False
- Time Limit: 90 Minutes
- Number of Questions: 30 (partial credit provide on some questions)
- Difficulty: Advanced
The PSM II exam fee is $250 USD however the PSM course includes a $100 USD discount on the first attempt of the exam… therefore the cost for the first attempt is only $150.
Further PSM II assessment attempts would cost $250 USD.
Professional Scrum Master Course Prerequisites
Attendees make the most of the online course if they:
- Have studied the Scrum Guide (required). You can find a link to the Scrum Guide here: The Scrum Guide;
- Passed the Scrum Open assessment. You can find a link to the Scrum Open assessment here: Scrum Open Assessment;
- Have a solid understanding of Scrum either through working on a Scrum Team, or through taking part in a Professional Scrum Foundations (PSF) or similar course;
- Have been on, or are closely involved in software or product development endeavours using Scrum.
For remote/online courses, your refund will be processed in the following scenario:
- Cancellation/Postponement By You – You may decide to cancel or postpone your course up to 72 hours before the first day of the remote/online course… no questions asked! You can either opt for alternative course date or ask for a full (100%) refund. The other course date is subject to our schedule and availability is not guaranteed. If we are unable to offer you your desired date, your money will be refunded.
- Cancellation/postponement By Edinburgh Agile – In the very unlikely event that we have to cancel your course, you will entitled to either an alternative course date or a full (100%). In such a scenario, all participants will be informed well in advance via email.
- Last Minute Cancellation or No-shows by You – No refund is offered if you do not contact us 72 hours (or more) in advance, or do not show up on the day, of the workshop. Informing one day before the class is also considered no-show and no refund is offered in such cases.
- Content/Trainer quality – For any of our remote/online training courses, you are offered the first 25% of the duration of the course to review and decide. If you feel that the trainer or training is unable to match up to your expectations regarding quality and delivery, directly notify the trainer by private message and then exit the session. You will be entitled to 100% of your money refuned.
Q. How soon will my refund be processed?
A. Your refund will be processed within 24 hours of your request, from the Edinburgh Agile side. Your bank may take 3-5 days.
Q. Do you contact me when I request a refund?
A. We may contact you to understand your feedback but never to persuade you against the refund.
Q. Can I buy future courses if I asked for a refund now?
A. Of course. There is no reason for not having you in our future courses! You are very welcome to join in any of our future courses!
Q. Will I keep getting the free content and support if I asked for a refund?
A. We won’t segregate or block you if you have asked for a refund. You will still be able to explore our free content, remain a member of our LinkedIn groups, and attend our webinars, offline free/paid events or workshops.